Horror Aficionados discussion

Blood Moon Big Top
This topic is about Blood Moon Big Top
February's Sponsored Group Read: BLOOD MOON BIG TOP, by Toneye Eyenot

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Jan 19, 2017 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5834 comments Mod
February's Sponsored Group Read is BLOOD MOON BIG TOP, by Toneye Eyenot. Toneye is giving away 10 free e-copies to the first 10 people to respond. Once those are gone, additional copies can be purchased at Amazon for $2.99, here: https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Moon-Big....

For those that receive free copies, please keep in mind that authors do this in the hopes of gaining reviews. HA strongly urges you to do so, so that we may keep these monthly features going.

*Please Be aware this book is EXTREME HORROR and not for the easily upset or offended reader.*

To request your copy, email Toneye at: eyenot8@gmail.com
*Be sure to give him your email to send the e-copy to.
Free copies will be given on a first come, first served basis.

This thread will also be the discussion thread for the book.

Peter Tenuto | 44 comments First reply. :) I've reached out to Toneye, looking forward to the read.

Peter wrote: "First reply. :) I've reached out to Toneye, looking forward to the read."

I bought a copy to join in the group read. :)

Rewan sorry can u tell me how I email her

Julia (readingover50) | 24 comments I sent a request to the author. This book sounds amazing!

message 6: by Laurie (last edited Jan 20, 2017 10:50AM) (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Raw wrote: "sorry can u tell me how I email her"

Send an email to the address below.

To request your copy, email Toneye at: eyenot8@gmail.com
*Be sure to give him your email to send the e-copy to.
Free copies will be given on a first come, first served basis.

Rewan Thank u so much ^_^

Rewan I did that
what u said ,, I hope that I did all procedures right

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 189 comments I received mine; quite excited!!

message 10: by Toneye (new)

Toneye Eyenot (toneyeeyenot) | 4 comments Many fangs to all who requested a copy! Eye actually received 13 requests so broke my rule and sent out 13 copies :P Hope you all enjoy the read and as eye said in my replies, find it suitably disturbing hahaha :D

Even though all free copies have been delivered, you can still get a copy through Amazon and join in the group read! https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Moon-Big...

message 12: by Toneye (new)

Toneye Eyenot (toneyeeyenot) | 4 comments Kimberly wrote: "Even though all free copies have been delivered, you can still get a copy through Amazon and join in the group read! https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Moon-Big......"

Many fangs, Kimberly, for the opportunity to share my work here! Very much appreciated! :)

message 13: by Maxine (new)

Maxine (Booklover Catlady) (booklovercatlady) | 39 comments Ooh I'd like be to read and review this book.

message 14: by John (new)

John (jrd1st) Thanks! I'm in!

message 15: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat (dracoria) | 7 comments Ordered it from Amazon :)

message 16: by Elke (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elke (misspider) | 616 comments I also received my copy, big fangs to the author!

How does the group read work here (this is my first :)? Each at his own speed or do we discuss the story in-between at a certain page count?

Elke wrote: "I also received my copy, big fangs to the author!

How does the group read work here (this is my first :)? Each at his own speed or do we discuss the story in-between at a certain page count?"

You read at your own pace. Beginning Feb. 1st-28th (technically). Be sure to use spoiler tags, percentage marks, page numbers, etc., so that others that are not as far as you might be won't click on the spoiler tags. :)

Peter Tenuto | 44 comments Ah, okay. Got a bit ahead and am already about 60% through the book LOL

Peter wrote: "Ah, okay. Got a bit ahead and am already about 60% through the book LOL"

LOL! Just join in the discussion when others do. Be careful to use the spoiler tags and percentages so that others know how far you've gotten or the point you're commenting on.

message 20: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Strange | 11 comments I'm 3/4 through it. 'Brief, bloody and brutal' is how I'd sum it up so far. It's also, for a certain kind of reader, great fun. (Yes, as one Goodreads reviewer has pointed out, a further edit wouldn't go amiss, but I'm prepared to accept the book as presented and enjoy it for the wild ride it is. Oops. Looks like I might have written my review before I've even finished the book!)

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 397 comments Got my copy on Amazon.CA (Canadian here) so paid like 4 bucks for it, can't wait to get started! -Jen from Quebec :0)

Sai wrote: "Hello every

Sai, Please keep the author promotions in the proper folder.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Julia (readingover50) | 24 comments I was able to get a free copy from the author. Super excited about this.

message 24: by Kimberly (last edited Jan 30, 2017 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ready to start now! :)

message 25: by Elke (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elke (misspider) | 616 comments Yay, finished my previous read just in time (late night Jan 31, beat the Sandman!) so I can start on time Feb 1 today, hopefully during lunchtime, but definitely tonight :) Already got a glimpse at the first sentence (and cover of course) and love it so far ;)

message 26: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Strange | 11 comments I finished the novel a few days ago and reviewed it. I made sure to avoid plot spoilers, so feel free to look at what I've said - it shouldn't ruin your own enjoyment (or otherwise) as I've given very little away about what happens. You could let me know via the discussion whether you agree or disagree with my verdict, and to what extent, either way. Just a thought.

Halfway into this already, and should finish tonight--it certainly is a fast read--no place to "stop"!

Peter Tenuto | 44 comments I've finished this and posted a review. It was a fun read and very enjoyable. As I said in my review, it could have done with a few more passes at editing, but overall it was an enjoyable read with gore and disturbing detail to delight. The only real thing I can think to add without spoilers is that the climax could have been a little more well-fleshed out.

message 29: by Elke (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elke (misspider) | 616 comments -- Read 57% so far --

Huh, am I the only one here who didn't read the whole thing through yet? *gulp*

I made it about halfway yesterday, but then lacked the enthusiasm (and alertness) to finish in one read...

The beginning was great, and I really love the name Marbles, which by itself is creepy enough (yeah, mild case of coulrophobia speaking here). But once the killing started it became very gory (which is completely fine by me) - but nothing more. The 'transformation' of Marbles fell somewhat flat (so far) and seemed thrown in as an afterthought to rectify the previous bloodshed. I was honestly disgusted by the choice of his first human victim and his weak reasoning why that was OK at that moment. There seemed to be a contradiction here: either he was so far into feral mode that he wouldn't have been able to reason in such a comprehensive (and disgusting) way at all. Or he was only halfway there and still had some of his human senses, which makes his flimsy declaration all the more horrible and inexcusable. While he was a loner from the start, hating to be with people and keeping to his own, he didn't come across as a full-blown misanthrope (as was proved by his caring for the boy instead of leaving him be). I was not fully convinced (yet?) by the description of his mind being taking over by pure animal instinct, blending out all other thought or reason.

While the writing was not perfect and could definitely use some editing, there were a couple of sentences that caught my attention, e.g. the 'inside out - outside in' wordplay seemed fun at that moment.

Halfway through, I wonder when (or if at all) the transformation will start to show physically, and I hope Marbles will return to the circus soon, as I hope to read more about that as well.

Did I already mention that I love the cover? Someone did a really great job on that one! Though I hate clowns, somehow I'm drawn by those creepy pics...(like recently, when I decided to watch Night Watchmen, but I guess that goes too far off topic now).

So, (hopefully) with enough sleep behind me, I will reach the end of Marbles' story today. More to follow...

Peter wrote: "I've finished this and posted a review. It was a fun read and very enjoyable. As I said in my review, it could have done with a few more passes at editing, but overall it was an enjoyable read with..."

Finished.
That was my main complaint, as well. Going through the transformation from (view spoiler)

Julia (readingover50) | 24 comments A good throwback to werewolf stories where the werewolf is a monster to be feared, and not some cuddly beast. I found the loss of humanity fascinating.

I really liked the fact that we saw it all (view spoiler) from Marbles POV. The change, and how it was effecting him as time went on...

message 34: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Strange | 11 comments That's a good, honest review.

Somehow I managed to not be disgusted b y the choice of the first human victim - though I can see what you mean.

Toneye Eyenot doesn't take many prisoners!

Scott (scottyp81) | 84 comments I can get this free on my kindle unlimited plan. Is it too late to join in?

Scott wrote: "I can get this free on my kindle unlimited plan. Is it too late to join in?"

Not at all! :)

Michael J. (michaeljclarke) | 250 comments I finished it today, and posted my review. While I respect the writer's attempt to portray extreme horror, I was disappointed by the story. You can read further comments here . . . . .

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 397 comments I am 85% finished with this one, and I feel that it either should have been a short story, or a longer novel. To me, this is a novella, and should not have been. Anyone else feeling this way? -Jen from Quebec :0)