Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta Reader available

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa P | 1 comments I'm looking to do some free reading and provide feedback. I have my Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in English and a minor in Professional Writing. I'm an avid reader and have a passion for creative writing, although I admit I'm shy and gearing to help others with their projects. If you have anything you would like me to look over, big or small, please send it my way! Cheers!

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie | 6 comments I have a YA dystopian told from the viewpoints of both a rebel and a government spy if you're interested. If you want more info, you can contact me at createandcompose1@gmail.com. Thanks!

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Lowe | 51 comments I have a 50k paranormal romance novella. You can pm me or send me a email at taylowe82@gmail.com

Balric the Butcher has many faces and a ravenous appetite for blood. When the maimed bodies of werewolves start piling up Desi is assigned to find the killer. She doesn’t have to look far as the bloody trail starts and end with her. With her deepest, darkest secret. Death soon brings unwanted attention to her doorsteps and a most curious development. Caught between a primal yearning for revenge and desires of the flesh, which will she choose? Passion or Vengeance?

message 4: by Gem (new)

Gem Stone | 10 comments Hi Lisa,
I'm in need of beta readers for an m/m sci-fi romance aprox 69,000 words. Here is the blurb;

What do you do when you realise your mate has been right under your nose all your life? And she’s a he!

In Jas and Praid’s case, they reject it. Fight it, and decide to hide it from everyone. Unfortunately, when you live on a space ship with your best friends, who along with you just happen to be the last of your species, keeping secrets is hard.

As old enemies get closer and new enemies join their ranks Jas must decide what’s more important, his secret or his mate.

please email me if interested at, gemstone.author@gmail.com

thank you

Gem.

message 5: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments I just sent you a message. :)

message 6: by Nedelin (new)

Nedelin Dimov | 2 comments Hello Lisa P. I am looking for a writing partner/beta reader. At the moment I am working on a large project; dark age fantasy with elements of grimdark. First chapter is online on goodreads, just type
Octavius. Have a read and if you get interested, shoot me a message. I will be happy to critique your writing as well if you have anything.
Cheers.
Ned.

message 7: by Dean (new)

Dean Lampros | 4 comments Hi Lisa I wrote a light humorous novel about a guy trying to cope on his honeymoon.

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin Hammer | 23 comments Hi Lisa!

Thanks for being willing to beta read! If you still have time and are interested, I have a 96,000 word YA Sci Fi I'd love to get feedback on.

Here's the blurb:

Sixteen-year-old Sydney Reynolds fought hard for her spot in the exclusive college-run summer science program. Nothing could make her give up the rock star neurologist future it promises. Not even discovering the program is a cover for a dangerous experiment in mind reading and mind control.

Especially once she finds out how good she is at it.

With the help of these new skills, Sydney plans to say goodbye to her socially awkward, self-doubting days and hello to a confident, accolade-filled future. That is, until Dean--the attractive yet maddeningly unpredictable student aide for the project--begins to suspect her unusual abilities may be a side effect of mind tampering.

Subsequent tests reveal several false memory implants in Sydney's brain, proving that not only are her memories not her memories, but that someone is using her as a spy to steal information about the program without her knowledge. To free herself from her invisible bonds and protect the project's research from being used to enslave minds, Sydney must track down that one who's been digging around inside her head.

But the more pieces of her true past she uncovers, the further she feels from the bright, shiny future she's planned. Surrounded by people literally playing head games, she has no idea who she can trust. Including herself.

Thanks so much for giving your time and help! :)
Robin

message 9: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette  Patterson (aipatterson) | 17 comments Hey! I have a Master-Slave erotica, with a thriller sub-plot, It's 24,408 words at the moment (it's nearing completion) I hope you would be interested in reading
Here's the synopsis...
This isn't the story of love between the prince and the princess, or a good girl and a bad boy. This is the story of two messed up, dark and unstable lovers.
Raquel married the man who had her kidnapped, he was never gentle and soft, he was a sadistic bastard who trained her to be a weapon and hurt her physically when she didn't match up to him. Yet she fell in love with the twisted freak of a devil, because in his own strange way, he showed her that he loved her too.
Romanique's little doll, his darling wife Raquel was stolen from him, and he has hoped each day of the year of their separation for her to return. But when she does come back, she's different, more disobedient, more rebellious, twelve months without a leash have turned her feral. It's hard for him to trust her, yet he refuses to give up on his most precious possession, even if it means he has to break her to pieces and put her back up again.

message 10: by A.W. (last edited Jan 27, 2017 08:19PM) (new)

A.W. (awincross) | 16 comments Hi Lisa,

I am looking for betas for my new 54k character-driven, soft sci-fi/dystopian/romance (!) novel, The Seeds of Winter.

Short blurb:

In the aftermath of the gigadeath Artilect War, Ailith, one of a new generation of cyborgs, must fight for her survival in a hostile new landscape. From those who would worship her to those who would exploit her, in a world she no longer knows, who is the real enemy? The factions that formerly tried to destroy her? Those she meets along the way? Or does her most fatal enemy come from within? *sinister music*

This is hopefully going to be the first book in a series. There are sexual elements in it and violence, just so you know :-)

Please let me know of you are interested! awincross6@gmail(dot)com

message 11: by V.L (new)

V.L Barycz | 3 comments Hi Lisa!
Believe me I totally understand the shy thing. It took me days to gear myself to post an ad on here looking for a beta reader for my project. It was really scary putting myself and the work I put my heart into out into the world for others to see but I'm really glad I did because this group has been awesome.

So here is my project!

BLACK.

Genre: YA urban science fiction
Length: 395 pages, 115,887 words.
Status: Completed (This is the first novel in a trilogy. The second novel WHITE will be completed by the end of FEB 2017 and the final novel GREY should be completed by the end of APR 2017.)

The Project: Lilith “Lily” Peters lives in a world where her parents, a lawyer and an insurance agent are constantly trying to save the little guy from the damages of superheroes and villains. That is until, on her sixteenth birthday Lily finds out her parents are the two most powerful supervillains in Ash Heights. Now unsure who to trust Lily finds herself stuck between Collective, the powerful hero organization who want her parents and Severance, the terrorist villain organization whose claims could change Ash Heights forever.

Hope to hear from you soon!
-Victoria

message 12: by Salima Bensalah (new)

Salima Bensalah | 52 comments Hi Lisa, I hope you are well.

If you aren't swamped by requests, I would greatly appreciate some feedback on my completed YA novel, A Crimson Tide - a dark fantasy fairy tale retelling with romantic elements! The word count is 75K, please find the description is below:

Anna White is certain that the murders in the village are down to more than just wild animal attacks. Suspicious of the village elites, Anna uses the attention of the Mayor's son, Caleb, to her advantage. When Anna uncovers a deep secret about the creature on the outskirts of the village, she cannot trust anyone. She must protect her father and the rest of her village, while battling the seduction of the dark forest.

I would be happy to send the manuscript at your request in PDF or Word doc form. I am specifically looking for feedback about description, pacing and general flow of the story, as well as if the story is generally engaging. I would appreciate a quick turnaround time of a few weeks, but I understand if you have other requests or commits to get to.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Salima