Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2017 Archives > Secret Cupid

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Secret Cupid

It’s that time of year! We are currently taking sign-ups for Secret Cupid. We all know that mail carriers tend to get bogged down and slow during the Valentine's Day just a bit. We would love for everyone to get their Secret Cupid gifts as close to Valentine's Day as possible.

We and this to be a fun Secret Cupid that doesn’t put too much of a damper on your wallet. Please only sign up if you are truly interested and are committed to sending off a package. We would like to avoid any problems. We did this last year and for the most part it ran smoothly. Plus I really don’t want to have to hunt any of you down. I love you all to much to want to do that.

You will need to send in the following information by January 28th. All participants will be paired on the 30th. Please send all information to booktasticnerd87(at)gmail(dot)com. Subject Line should read...Secret Cupid

1. Full name
2. Address
3. Social Media accounts the more the better so your secret santa can get to know you better ( Tumblr, Blog, Goodreads, Twitter )
4. Package Choice (If you choose A you will be partnered with someone who also picked A. If you pick B same thing goes.)
A.) 1 Book and a bunch of fun goodies.
B.) 2 Books and a bunch of fun goodies.
5. List no more than 10 books that you would like to receive or a link to your wishlist. A mixture of new and old releases is asked. DO NOT request only hardbacks and we also ask that you DO NOT request ARCS.
6. List a few of your bookish preferences: (Favorite Authors and Genres, Things you WILL NOT read, bookmarks, etc)
7. Do you mind used books? Y/N (If you send a used book make sure that it is like new. If you wouldn’t want to receive it odds are your recipient will not either. Only answer Yes or No.)
8. Are you okay with them getting you something that is not on your wishlist if they think you will like it? Y/N (Only answer Yes or No.)
9. Please tell your secret santa about you. (This will help your secret santa pick out some goodies for you. What are you allergic to? Do you love chocolate or hate it? Do you like hot chocolate? Or do you prefer tea or both? Disney addict? Star Wars Lover or Star Trek Lover? The details about you are endless pick what you think they NEED to know.)

When you receive who is to be your person that you are playing secret cupid for go out and play cupid and buy those presents. Please send this out no later than February 10th. I know that is pretty close to Valentine's Day but I got this up just a bit late. The earlier the better. After you send off your package, please email me with a delivery confirmation. This helps your gift receiver track his/her package.

Please email us again when you receive your package. If you have not received your package by March 1st please email us and I will attempt to contact your secret cupid. Please understand I will try my hardest to work it out but there will only be so much I can do in the event someone decides to ruin peoples fun.

Guidelines:

*I know I have already said this once earlier on but if you send a used book please do not send something that you would not want to receive. It should be in VERY good condition.
*Books can be new or used.
*A box can include things like 1 or 2 books and a goodie or two. Bookmarks because none of us can ever have to many bookmarks. Something bookish. And a nice card would be wonderful.
*If you would like to include when you send in your form things about yourself to help your secret cupid. Like you are a Harry Potter fan or a Star Wars fan or even both. These things help greatly to get to know you better. Or what music you love, hobbies you have (if you have any other than reading of course), things you collect, would you like something native to where your secret cupid lives? Are you a tea fanatic or coffee lover? Do you read ebooks and would like a gift card with a small amount ($10) on the gift card. Just anything that helps them get to know you.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at booktasticnerd87 (at) gmail (dot) com

I will answer all questions you may have or even leave a comment below.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) I would love to do this. Do I put all my information here on this page?

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Send it in an email to the email listed.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I sent you mine

message 5: by Andrea (new)

I got it.

message 6: by Leela (new)

Leela | 1500 comments Mod
I sent mine, Andrea!

message 7: by Andrea (new)

I got it as well.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

I have sent out the secret cupids.

message 9: by Leela (new)

I wanna know if anyone has received their packages and what they got from their Secret Cupids!

message 10: by Megan (new)

I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm ashamed to say that I was late in the game and my person will not get hers until Monday. I know that's a big fail on my part. :(

message 11: by Megan (new)

And hello cute new pic Leela!!!

message 12: by Leela (new)

Omg Megan! >///< thank you!!!!!

message 13: by Megan (new)

Yay! I got my Secret Cupid package yesterday!!! Thank you so much Leela!!! I love it!!! I got two books I've been wanting forever. The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks and Liars Inc by Paula Stokes. I also got a journal, a cute pop pet stuffed toy, a TsumTsum mystery pack which was Alice!!!, a huge Reese's peanut butter heart and a fabulous pack of Alice in Wonderland bookmarks for me to color!!! Oh and my fur babies even got gifts. They both got a pack of treats each which they are very excited about!!! I don't think I forgot anything but I'm not home right now so if I did I'll update later.
This is the best Secret Cupid box ever!!! Thank you Leela so much I love everything!!! You will be getting yours on Monday. Sorry to spoil the surprise that I'm your Cupid but It's past due anyway now so I think it's ok and I hope you will love it!

message 14: by Leela (new)

Megan wrote: "Yay! I got my Secret Cupid package yesterday!!! Thank you so much Leela!!! I love it!!! I got two books I've been wanting forever. The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks and Liars Inc by Paula Stokes. I al..."

Aw! I'm so glad you liked it! <3 <3 <3

message 15: by Andrea (new)

It was just you two from the group. I did have several people who follow me on tumblr who signed up.

message 16: by Leela (new)

Wow that's super strange. Normally we have a lot of people participating.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Yeah that is weird. It's ok though. We love each other! Lol!

message 18: by Leela (new)

Yes we do! <3