Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > searching for Paranormal Romance

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 39 comments I am looking for paranormal romances that don't have vampires or werewolves in it! Ghosts, demons, spirits, psychics. Story-line can take any direction, I am not particular in that regard. Just kinda over the vampire/werewolf thing.

message 2: by Beebs (last edited Jan 19, 2017 01:47PM) (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 17 comments AmyEliza wrote: "I am looking for paranormal romances that don't have vampires or werewolves in it! Ghosts, demons, spirits, psychics. Story-line can take any direction, I am not particular in that regard. Just kin..."

Have you tried Darynda Jones' Charley Davison series, Book 1 First Grave on the Right Nalini Singh's Guikdhunter series, book 1 Angels' Blood Thea Harrison's Elder Races series, Book 1 Dragon Bound

message 3: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 39 comments No, I haven't! But I'll be adding them to my list!

message 5: by Beebs (last edited Jan 19, 2017 02:14PM) (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 17 comments AmyEliza wrote: "No, I haven't! But I'll be adding them to my list!"

I really enjoyed them all :) Trying to think of more series without shifters or vampires, it's not as easy as it sounds. Oh, there are some vampires in the Guildhunter series who do get therir own stories but a lot of the books focus on the angels/archangels.

ETA: Maybe check out Larissa Ione, Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole too.

message 6: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 39 comments And I know I am in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of Karina Halle

message 7: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 17 comments AmyEliza wrote: "And I know I am in the mnority here, but I'm not a fan of Karina Halle"

Haven't read Karina Halle yet so can't comment but just thought of another author you might like to check out Kalayna Price

message 8: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 39 comments oh great! I'll look into her as well. I mention Karina Halle because so many people have recommended her in the past, but I just cant get into it :/

message 9: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 17 comments AmyEliza wrote: "oh great! I'll look into her as well. I mention Karina Halle because so many people have recommended her in the past, but I just cant get into it :/"

Think I have some of her books on my Kindle but haven't gotten round to them yet :) Each to their own as they say, not everyone likes the same things. I mentioned the authors listed because they don't just write about vampires and shifters. Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series is realky good too. It does have shifters but the Psy.....hard to describe really, they are human but they have powers and have learned to live without emotion.

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Rosa (veronicadelrosa) The Toil and Trouble Series by Heather R. Blair is about witches and elementals. There are some werewolves, but they aren't the main characters.

I second Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole. Showalter's main series is about demons while Cole's is about every supernatural you can imagine. And yes, Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series is fantastic.

message 11: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Mathers (georgiacartermathers) | 45 comments Yeah, sometimes I get sick of vampires and werewolves too.

Try How the Ghost Was Won
GABRIEL: BBW Angel Paranormal Wizard Romance

Also, Stormwalker I really enjoyed this one. It has some parallels to native American spirituality as part of the heroine's form as a Stormwalker.

You could also try THE DEVIL INSIDE. Admittedly, I wrote it, but if you're looking for something without vampires or werewolves, this short story has a Minotaur in it and a devil.

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Dixon | 2 comments you should read C.M. Owen's Daughter trilogy, amazing!

message 13: by Jane (new)

Jane Cousins | 20 comments Maybe try Victoria Laurie she has two series - one about a psychic and one about a ghost hunter. Combo of mystery / romance

message 14: by Chris (last edited Mar 02, 2017 01:20PM) (new)

Chris Keane | 23 comments Hi AmyEliza,

You are welcome to participate in the Beta Read of my Parnormal Romance.

It's not available yet (comes out 25 April) but I could send you the Kindle file.

Just one note it's 18plus for some Adult Content.

Here is the GR link:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 15: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (last edited Mar 03, 2017 12:56PM) (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Unconventional shifters

Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1) by Jaymin Eve

Fae

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning

Witches/Demons

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

Unusual Witch World

Destruction (The December People, #1) by Sharon Bayliss

Fun Magic

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance - has vampires but they are not the focus and it's a fun, action orientated series

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland

A YA Fae series -

Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones Captivate (Need, #2) by Carrie Jones Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Endure (Need, #4) by Carrie Jones

message 16: by C.R. (new)

C.R. Robertson | 3 comments I love CM Owens - deadly beauties and deadly beauties live on have vamps and shifters in it, but there is more magic - well worth the read!!!

message 17: by Angel (new)

Angel Rose | 29 comments I would suggest checking out Yasmine Galenorn though if you don't want weres and vamps I would stay away from her Otherworld series though it has demons dragon witches elves(both light and dark) and a ton more. The books are told from the three sisters point of view.

message 19: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae Ilona Andrews The Edge series - magic fabulous series. Set before The innkeeper series (haven't read that one yet)
The first is On the Edge
On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews