SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase N through T > Jordan Robinson: Still-new author finally has some friends and wants to give them a chance at gift cards!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Hello guys, two posts in one day... whew this is nerve-racking :D

Anyway, I am an aspiring fantasy (for the most part) author and I'm working on building up my content so I can join the rest of you in the published world. For now, I have some beautiful shorts here: https://eternityacts.wordpress.com

Also, I wanted to practice publishing so I wrote 4k word short definitely not to market (unless you like elves being nsfw, then click here here lol). It's a good thing I did practice because I made a ton of mistakes :')

I look forward to hearing from you guys, you seemed so kind from the outside looking in.

message 2: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 494 comments Hi Jordan! Welcome! Good luck with your writing! This group is amazing and super helpful! You should do well here.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 1015 comments Bienvenue wilcommen welcome...

message 4: by P.L. (new)

P.L. Winn (plwinn) | 32 comments Welcome!

message 5: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Hi Jordan, welcome aboard :)

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 110 comments Welcome, welcome! There are several around these here parts that like NSFW elves, so you're going to be in good company.

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Thanks for the welcome :) Hopefully I can crawl out of my safe space here eventually

message 8: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

Oh don't hide!! we don't bite...much Laughing Vampire

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 233 comments Welcome aboard, Jordan, glad you could join us.

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 153 comments Welcome to the group Jordan!

message 11: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Williams (1mkwilliams) | 18 comments Welcome!

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi Jordan, Welcome! Heck, one of our mods is a Pantsless Elf. I doesn't get much more NSFW than that! ;P

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments If you are the meanest this group has to offer I think I might do alright here :D

message 14: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 332 comments Welcome to the showcase, Jordan!

message 15: by Riley, The Floating Sled (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 67 comments Mod
Jordan wrote: "If you are the meanest this group has to offer I think I might do alright here :D"

Well, she's the one everyone thinks is the meanest, but I'm the one who wields the club for bashing purposes.

message 16: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

That's why he hides behind a mask. Vampire Mask

message 17: by Riley, The Floating Sled (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 67 comments Mod
G.G. wrote: "That's why he hides behind a mask.

"

Well, you never see the executioner's face. #SorryForHijackingYourThread!

message 18: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

LOL

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) | 311 comments Welcome, Jordan!

message 20: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Okay, guy! While working on my novel, I've been posting short stories to gather something resembling an audience on my WordPress. Recently, I realized I could publish that and offer it free so I could finally get an Amazon/Goodreads author profile.

Here is the result: https://www.instafreebie.com/free/EADxa

Or if you want I would be more than happy to gift it to you from Amazon (still working on making it free): https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N1675I...

message 21: by Azrael (new)

Azrael James | 7 comments Awesome Jordan! :-)

message 22: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Kent | 17 comments Excellent! I'll check them out

message 23: by Dwayne, That's Dr. Cannibal To You (new)

Dwayne Fry | 560 comments Mod
Hey, Jordan. Welcome.

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 606 comments Bah! I missed this thread somehow...

description

And welcome to the party of awesomeness, Jordan!!

Hugs,
Ann

message 25: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 157 comments Hey Jordan! Smart idea with instafreebie to build your mailing list. Are you on the free trial?

I hope it works!

message 26: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Yeah! The free trial is amazing. I have no idea what I'm going to do when it expires :(

are you here to save the day and give me a good alternative? :p

message 27: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 157 comments Man, I wish! My own free trial just ended and I'm debating whether I want to sign up for real.

message 28: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 606 comments Does Instafreebie market your stuff for you? Or is it strictly a place to have your free downloads available? Like, you direct traffic yourself? Am I making any sense? LOL

message 29: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 157 comments Annie wrote: "Does Instafreebie market your stuff for you? Or is it strictly a place to have your free downloads available? Like, you direct traffic yourself? Am I making any sense? LOL"

If you are on their paid thing (or the trial) they do market for you. I don't know how much, but I didn't market at all myself and still got a bunch of subscribers. (about 75)

If you just do the free one - nope. You don't even get the option of making people sign up to your newsletter in exchange for your story. It's just a distribution platform then.

message 30: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 606 comments Ah, gotcha. Thanks, Miss Aislinn.

I thought it was just a "hub", if you will. But makes sense why people use it now ^_^

message 31: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 157 comments Yeah, it's useful.

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Wait a minute time out. lol what did you put up that got 75? I was happy to see like 14 trickle in

message 33: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 157 comments Just a little 6.5k romantic suspense story I wrote. Nothing special, but I made a (kinda crappy) cover for it. Seemed to do the trick!

Might just be a genre thing.

message 34: by Amie (new)

Amie O'Brien | 189 comments Ha ha! Your title cracked me up. A big 'ol welcome to you! ❤️️

message 35: by Denae (new)

Denae Christine (denaechristine) | 45 comments Hey, Jordan, it's nice to meet a non-erotica-writing author sometimes (a sfw sfwa ?).

Are you working on a longer story, or will you stick with short ones?

message 36: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments I'm working on two longer ones now! But I like to keep all 12 of my fans satiated with short ones in the meantime :)

And ah, a fellow Sanderson fan??

message 37: by C.B., Slave to Santa's Workshop (new)

C.B. Archer | 502 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Hi Jordan, Welcome! Heck, one of our mods is a Pantsless Elf. I doesn't get much more NSFW than that! ;P"

That's me!

Hello there Jordan!
Don't be nervous, feel free to share anything - non-erotic or erotic... just saying!

message 38: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Hey! Your post just reminded me to buy that sandwich, er, your book that I said I would on Wordpress the other day. Just clicked purchase :D

message 39: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Robinson | 13 comments Hey! If anyone wants a chance at two 25 dollar amazon gift cards

You can go http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/disp...?

:D

message 40: by Lori (new)

Lori Armstrong | 2 comments Amazing group...helpful, comical and real. Welcome!!