Play Book Tag discussion

Where Is Mount Everest?
This topic is about Where Is Mount Everest?
January 2017: Bonus Admin Tags > Where is Mount Everest? - Nico Medina 4 stars (Everest)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1286 comments Admin Tag: Everest

Where is Mount Everest - Nico Medina

4 stars

My 9-year old son loved this book and asked me to read it. When the bonus admin tags were announced it was as if the universe was telling me to go ahead and read this month. It is an illustrated chapter book that is perfect for elementary school kids. It is a great mix of geography, history, science, and culture. I like how the book gave sherpas their due and included information about their beliefs and their sacrifices. I also liked how the book covered the science involved with the formation of mountain ranges such as the Himalayas and the culture and religion of the people around the mountain. My son was telling me about the Buddhist religion the other day and after reading this book I realized that this is where he learned about it.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6257 comments So awesome that one of our bonus tags lead you to read a book that your son shared. He sounds like a great kid, sharing books with his mom!!