The Catholic Book Club discussion

Teresa of Avila: The Progress of a Soul
This topic is about Teresa of Avila
Past Voting > February 2017 BOTM - Results

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Seymour | 1836 comments Mod
Our winner for the February 2017 BOTM is Teresa of Avila: The Progress of a Soul, by Cathleen Medwick.

Of the four books that received no votes and were eligible for the randonizer, the randomizer chose The Life of St. Catherine of Siena to be removed from the nominations list.

The two new books to be added to the list for consideration next month are: Lord of the World, by Robert Hugh Benson and Past Suspicion, by Therese Heckenkamp.

Please let us know what your reading plans are next month? Will you be reading Teresa of Avila: The Progress of a Soul with us? What else do you plan to read next month?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 71 comments This book already won. Are we going to keep commenting on the same thread?

message 3: by Manuel (new)

Manuel Alfonseca | 1420 comments Mod
Since you ask, I did'n vote this month because I have none of the books in the current list, so I won't be reading Teresa of Avila. I usually vote and participate when either I have the book (as with Teresa's Life, or Francisco de Sales Introduction), or have read it quite recently (as with Pearce's book on literary converts). Sometimes I buy the book (I'd do it with Daphne Adeane, but it's difficult to find unless second hand, which I don't like).

Next month I still don't know what I'll read, I don't make reading plans so much in advance:-)

John Seymour | 1836 comments Mod
Manuel wrote: "Next month I still don't know what I'll read, I don't make reading plans so much in advance:-) "

I could say that I have so many different things I'm trying to read I need to plan ahead, but in truth, I am somewhat compulsive about planning. :-)

So I have ordered Teresa of Avila: The Progress of a Soul and will read it. I do feel somewhat obligated since I voted for it. Also, as the administrator I feel something of a responsibility to the group to try to read and participate in the discussion of our books, though there are some genres that don't do anything for me and I have decided I have too much reading to do and not enough reading time to read books I have no interest in.

If I don't finish it this month, I will finish Dostoevsky's The Idiot and I hope to finish Herodotus and Augustine's City of God (both of which I started last year). I will also start Three Kingdoms, the Chinese classic and depending on how much reading time I get I may read If on a Winter's Night a Traveler, Wuthering Heights, The Inheritance of Loss and something by John Hassler.

MaryAnn (EmilyD1037) I will try to read this book.
I already own it, and read
part of it. It's been a long
time, so l will start it over.