What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A boy born with a horse head in the US. He lives alone with his mother, a smart chap. End up candidating for president of the country.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liisa (last edited Jan 19, 2017 02:02AM) (new)

Liisa Salonen | 3 comments A boy born with a horse head in the US. He lives alone with his mother, a smart chap. End up candidating for president of the country.
Read the book beginning of the 90's.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Was it children's, YA, or adult? Was he a candidate for president as a kid, or as an adult? Was it Trump?

Was the author American or something else? Did you read it in English? Remember the cover? Author female or male?

message 3: by Liisa (new)

Liisa Salonen | 3 comments It was an adults book.
I read it in Finnish, but it was an American author.
In the story the mother lived at a horse farm and got pregnant and gave birth to the horse headed boy. She had to move away from home. On their way through life together mother and the horse headed son had to go through tough times.... but anyhow the boy got a good education and as a qrown up he candidates...

message 4: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Mar 19, 2017 04:11PM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Liisa wrote: "It was an adults book.
I read it in Finnish, but it was an American author.
In the story the mother lived at a horse farm and got pregnant and gave birth to the horse headed boy. She had to move ..."

I know of this book but not the title.Read bits of it in swedish and promptly put it back onto my mothers friends shelves.X0

Cover had a drawing of the horseheaded boy/man in a suit.

message 5: by Liisa (new)

Liisa Salonen | 3 comments Exactly.
Anyone, doesn't it ring any bells?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I'm coming up empty in a search. But it must be a relatively well known author if it was translated into Finnish and Swedish.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Liisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments I found the author its Richard Fuchs - Fölungen. The author contrary to what one might think is actually Swedish.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Rickard Fuchs

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Glad you found it!

Fölungen for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fölungen (other topics)