Horror Aficionados discussion

The Ascent
This topic is about The Ascent
Buddy Reads > The Ascent

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments John and I will be starting this. Please join us if you are interested :)

message 2: by Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (last edited Jan 18, 2017 09:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments Sounds really good- I love cold weather & climbing stories! : ) I'll join you guys...

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Awesome! I haven't had the chance to start yet, but I will soon. Feel free to start!!!

message 4: by Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (last edited Jan 24, 2017 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments I'm finishing up a book now and then I'll start right after it- probably Thursday or Friday

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Sounds good! I forgot that I had signed up to do a writing contest this week so my reading time has been severely limited, lol. I'll probably start it around the same time you are!

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments Ok np! Good luck on your writing contest!

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments thank you :)

message 8: by Rachel (last edited Jan 27, 2017 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I started reading it... Got to page 53 on my train ride this morning. I'm really liking it so far.
A few thoughts under the spoiler:

(view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments On page 170 now.

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (last edited Jan 31, 2017 04:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments I finally started reading today. I'm only about 6% in so far though so I'm going to wait to read your spoiler notes. The opening was really good though so looking forward to the rest. I'm going to binge read tonight and try and catch up with you Rachel if you haven't finished yet.

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I did finish! We will talk when you're done! LOL

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments Ok sounds good! Im on page 128/314. Was hoping to read more last night but fell asleep. : (

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) wrote: "Ok sounds good! Im on page 128/314. Was hoping to read more last night but fell asleep. : ("

Looking forward to knowing what you think :)

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) (empressreece) | 86 comments On page 270....it's so good! I'm loving it!

(view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Did you finish the book yet?!

I love climbing stories to and really wish I was a climber.

I'm so scared of heights too... I did indoor climbing and got so anxious! by the end of the day though I felt more comfortable although I'm not sure if I could rock climb outdoors. I would LOVE to try mountaineering, but that obviously involves climbing too, lol.

One day...

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Empress Reece (Hooked on Books) wrote: "On page 270....it's so good! I'm loving it!

I just finished the part where Tim & Petra realize Andrew is trying to pick them off one by one. I knew he was weird but it didnt dawn on me that his w..."

Ohh i didn't notice that but that's a great observation!!

Andrew is insane...