Who Doesn't Love a Classic? discussion

One Hundred Years of Solitude
This topic is about One Hundred Years of Solitude
CLASSIC Reviews - 2017 > One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Terris Woohoo! I'm done! This was a really weird one, and not at all what I was expecting. I had not previously read any "magical realism" as far as I know. It was crazy! It really helped me to do a 'group read' on this one so that I could see what other people were thinking/feeling, and I could ask questions and not feel like I was totally lost, or just stupid ;)
"Very interesting" is all I can say, and now I can mark it off my Classics list!!!

message 2: by ilikeboox (new) - added it

ilikeboox | 45 comments I just read "Love in the time of Cholera" by him which was interesting and well written. But I have this on my To Read list. I'm enjoying non- American authors who really know how to craft a sentence.

Terris ilikeboox wrote: "I just read "Love in the time of Cholera" by him which was interesting and well written. But I have this on my To Read list. I'm enjoying non- American authors who really know how to craft a sentence."

Hey, how are you?! I don't know what "Love in The Time of Cholera" was like, but "One Hundred Years of Solitude" was really crazy!! I don't know if I could have gotten through it if I had not done a group read and could ask questions to see what others were thinking. It was really strange, but entertaining too. Totally not what I was expecting, but I'm glad I read it :)

message 4: by ilikeboox (new) - added it

ilikeboox | 45 comments Hi Terris,
I'm doing great! I hope you are too.

Marquez was one of my crossword puzzle clues!

Right now I'm enjoying a non-fiction book. Mistress of the Vatican The True Story of Olimpia Maidalchini The Secret Female Pope by Eleanor Herman I love Italian history!

Terris ilikeboox wrote: "Hi Terris,

Right now I'm enjoying a non-fiction book. [bookcover:Mistress of the Vatican: The True Story of Oli..."

Oh yes, I know you love Italy!

message 6: by ilikeboox (new) - added it

ilikeboox | 45 comments Terris wrote: "ilikeboox wrote: "Hi Terris,

Right now I'm enjoying a non-fiction book. [bookcover:Mistress of the Vatican: The..."

I do!