Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > City of Mirrors

Comments Showing 1-50 of 394 (394 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments This is the sequel to The Passage by Justin Cronin. Terry and I will be starting this soon. Please feel free to join us!

message 2: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I just read the wiki summary of the Passage and wow, what a massive plot summary, but it definitely brought back memories from the book. I'm excited! This shud be a movie or a series someday. Maybe it is and I just don't know it. Definitely time to finish this trilogy.

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I agree! I need to go read that summary also.

message 4: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I read that wiki summary, and it brought back all the details - what a great book that was! Did you catch that in the wiki page that the movie rights were bought in 2007, and that also there is supposed to be a television series (which was supposed to be 2016)? I hope one or both of those do happen.

message 5: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I read the Prologue, and up to ch4 (which is in part 2). (view spoiler)

message 6: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Didn't get much time to read today and tomm I'll prob be glued to the tv but I'll see if I can catch up.

message 7: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Np. It sounds like I'm farther along than I am!

message 8: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I haven't even checked! It does sound like you are at least 50 pages into it but I cud be wrong.

message 9: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Short chapters so far. Only about 25 pages or so - and I'm hooked again already!

message 10: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I really like how the book is explaining what happened in the last book. Brings everything to perspective. I really loved Wolfgast. I hope he returns in this book.

message 11: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I really like that summary, too, and the way it was done from the future. I agree, Wolgast was a great character!

message 12: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I stopped at ch6 (pg 37) (view spoiler)

message 13: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Terry wrote: "I read the Prologue, and up to ch4 (which is in part 2). [spoilers removed]"

It's like the Bible of the future.

message 14: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Terry wrote: "I stopped at ch6 (pg 37) [spoilers removed]"

I feel like the name Grey is familiar. He must have died in the last book. I don't remember if he was one the good guys or the bad guys. Do you?

message 15: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "Terry wrote: "I stopped at ch6 (pg 37) [spoilers removed]"

I feel like the name Grey is familiar. He must have died in the last book. I don't remember if he was one the good guys or the bad guys. ..."

I think he was one of the criminals that worked at the military place where this all began. He's the one that the first vampire, Zero, was able to get into his mind and made him let the creatures out of their cage.

message 16: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Ok. I thought so. I'm prob gonna read to ch9 and stop there. Danny is an interesting fellow.

message 17: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Oh no. (view spoiler)

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth (bcopanos) | 50 comments I didn't think this book was as good as the 1st.

message 19: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Sorry to hear that, Beth. This is a reread for me, and I enjoyed the second about the same as the first. Hoping the third is good, too!

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth (bcopanos) | 50 comments I enjoyed the 3rd better than the 2nd., but not as much as the 1st.LOL I listened to all in Audio form, w/Scott Brick as the narrator.

message 21: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I stopped at ch9 (view spoiler)

message 22: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "Oh no. [spoilers removed]"

I think that's a good guess.

message 23: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "I stopped at ch9 [spoilers removed]"

I'm pretty sure he was one of the agents who worked for the military group running the original experiment. He was a real bad guy, who killed a bunch of people.

message 24: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I remember when I read that first book wishing for more background and stories from before the collapse. I was glad this book did that.

message 25: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, it is. I guess I wasn't thinking of it like that. It's hard to get my bearings on this book especially when I read the first one a while back. But, I'm finding it easy to get back into it:)

message 26: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Me too! :-)

message 27: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments At the end of ch9. Have you made any connections with Lila? Don't read this unless you want to know (view spoiler)

message 28: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments And is Lila having Amy?...I don't know, wild guess.

message 29: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I only read to ch10 and I put the whole Lila thing together as I read ch9 and read ur spoiler. It was a good chapter! Lots of questions still.

message 30: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments You're right, lots of questions. I only made it to ch11 before falling asleep...

message 31: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I stopped at the start of ch13. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Haha! So did I, but before I read ur spoiler I'm confused as to what happened to grey. Did they have him, infect him, and then did he escape? Is that why they are after him?

message 33: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I think that all of the people that worked at project Noah were embedded with a radio chip that they could trace if they left the military base. He just worked there at first as a janitor, but he was infected when Zero bit him when he made his escape (actually when Grey let him out). I think that they're tracking him now and trying to get him because his radio chip ended up on their radar when they were looking for Amy, and he's the only one. Now Guilder sees him as a chance to exploit since he didn't die or turn directly into a monster when he was infected.

message 34: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Does that make sense... kinda confusing as I read what I wrote...

message 35: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments No. Makes perfect sense! So glad you remember this better than I do:)

message 36: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Good. I've been cheating and looking stuff up as I go myself, too!

message 37: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Do u mean you've been going back to the first book or looking things up on the net? I wish I had the first book but I think it was a kindle version. I'll have to see if I can find it. That or somebody let me borrow it, I'm not sure.

message 38: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I have the first book, but I've been going to the internet. Too easy to do that instead.

message 39: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments True that! I think I'll just ask you though...lol.

message 40: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I'm good with that, too!

message 41: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I stopped at ch17(view spoiler)

message 42: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Well, I promptly fell asleep last night at 9 - too many 12 hour work days in a row :). I'll catch up later today.

message 43: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments In ch14, pg118, at the part where Kittridge is talking to April (view spoiler)

message 44: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Yes. I wrote about that in my spoiler. I agree with you completely.

message 45: by Terry (last edited Jan 27, 2017 05:50AM) (new)

Terry | 4838 comments I thought you might have. I should be able to read your spoiler later today. I was going to shoot for a couple of chapters after 17, but we'll see if I can get the time.

message 46: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Addy wrote: "I stopped at ch17[spoilers removed]"

You're right. The choices one makes. (view spoiler) I read up to ch20. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I didn't read any last nite. I hope to read this on my lunch break and get caught up.

message 48: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments NP. Hope work goes by fast for you!

message 49: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Made it to ch20! Long day at work, unfortunately, but was glad to have some time to read. This book is really getting good. What do u think Guilder is dying of? Also, I feel like original group that was on the bus is gonna get killed or separated somehow. Makes me sad:(

message 50: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4838 comments Excellent (the making it to ch20 part, at least :-). Good question with Guilder. Sounds like something bad to be affecting him that way. I'm worried for our group, too. It does feel like its setting up bad for them. Glad you're liking it. I am too!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8