Book Obsessed discussion

Archives~2017 Book of the Month > February 2017: The Longest Ride

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Jan 18, 2017 03:39PM) (new)

Melanie | 235 comments Mod
Please use this thread to discuss and review The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks.

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana Till | 40 comments i have already read this book. Nicholas Sparks never fails and Hollywood did a great job with the movie, especially choosing Clint Eastwoods son as the main male character.

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 5 comments So I just started it. After working at Barnes & Noble for 4 years and seeing this book fly off the shelves, I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and buy it. I do have to say though that it is pretty good so far. Then we switched over to the college scene with your typical male figures. I'm interested to see how the two stories intertwine.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

I will be starting it as soon as I finish The Orchid House, it is taking me forever to get through. :(

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) I'll get to it in a few days time. Have to finish Fallen first. I have to admit I had this book on my bookshelf for a long time now but never quite got myself to read it. Every time I considered it, I finally decided on something else. No more excuses now:)) But from what you girls are saying it seems to be great so I'm starting to look forward to reading it.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) how are you girls doing with this book. Anybody started it?

message 7: by Melanie (new)

I've read the first chapter and I like it so far. I just have some other library books I need to finish first and I haven't been reading as much as I normally do.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) I don't think I'll ever get how people can read more books at one time. seriously. I doubt I'll ever be able to. you go girl!!

message 9: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 5 comments Just finished it! Loved it so much! I loved how the two stories ended up intertwining and almost lost hope for Luke and his mom near the end, but that auction was something else!

message 10: by Melanie (new)

I can't wait wait to start reading it again now! I've only read the first chapter, so far:

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) me too.

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison Wall | 27 comments I'm 8 chapters in and I'm really enjoying it; can't wait to see how the stories intertwine. I thought I had seen the movie but I was thinking of the Miley Cyrus movie but it's definitely not that one and I'm so glad!

message 13: by Melanie (new)

I still haven't picked it back up yet, need to do it soon.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) haven't picked it up at all till now but will finish it before the end of the month. At least I'm planning to :).

message 15: by Alison (new)

Alison Wall | 27 comments Just finished, enjoyed the story but I could always tell what was going to happen next so gave 4 stars:)

message 16: by Alison (new)

Alison Wall | 27 comments I can't wait to watch the movie now also!

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) oh man! I really need to pick this one up again! Hope I'll be able to read it this month!

message 18: by Melanie (new)

The movie does look really good!

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Ok, I'm such a sucker for Nicholas Sparks Books and I absolutely loved this one. 5 stars for me. It was an emotional ride and yes everything worked out with a perfect twist in the end. I loved how he wove Luke and Sophia's and Ira's present stories together along with Ira and Ruth's love story. It was sad and happy at the same time. Bittersweet.