2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1)
This topic is about You Belong to Me
You Belong to Me > Question O

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Any hope of a relationship between Lucy and her mother?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments Yes, there is hope, but it will take a lot of time and counseling to even begin to straighten it all out.

Only if her mother gets some counseling. It really burned me that she bought that expensive headstone for her husband. Even in death, she's still hooked by him.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 39 comments I think it's would be very hard to move past a stilted relationship but I think they could develop something. I do think even in death, Lucy's dad stands between them.

He's very definitely still in the picture.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments The mention of that headstone suggests the same conclusions to me. It will be a long uphill battle for a relationship to become close. How can Lucy process that her mother did pay for her attorney with the monument to her father?

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) I agree when she said she bought an expensive headstone she was still putting her husband first. Plus Lucy has the secret of her father leaving her behind. So while I think they can establish some form of relationship I don't think it will be a close traditional mother/daughter one. With Lucy's personality she will probably be more the caretaker of her mother.

Think you're right, Danielle.