What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > young adult book. Title may involve the word "sun." girl falls in love with her female best friend

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhanna (new)

Rhanna | 1 comments Please help!
This book is for young adults. I think the title involves the word "sun". The book begins with a new girl showing up at school. The protagonist "a female" befriends the new girl against the approval of her other friends. The other girl is very poor and she spends every lunchtime with her brother. The protagonist eventually befriends the girl and finds herself falling in love with her. She begins to visit her house and they have a party and she tried new things like smoking and drinking. Her parents do not approve of their friendship. The protagonist begins to date the girls brother in order to please her. I cant remember any other plot points or how the book ends.
Please help if you can its driving me crazy not being able to remember!
Thankyou.

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (freemajo) | 40 comments Sounds similar to Empress of the World

message 3: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments This sounds so familiar! Maybe something by Julie Anne Peters?

message 4: by Brittany (new)

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments This sounds kind of similar to I'll Give You the Sun but it was the girl's brother falling for a male schoolmate.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Rhanna, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16920 comments Still looking, Rhanna?