2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

You Belong to Me > Question M

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 18, 2017 04:39PM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
There was quite a bit of action in the final showdown at the processing plant. What stood out for you, good and bad?

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments The whole scene was excellent from beginning to end. What stood out was what a nasty piece of %$#& her father was.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, man did I want him to suffer!!! So much of the suffering of that town was because of him.

I loved how Lucy saved herself initially and got Gwyn and her mother out of there. If she hadn't taken the time to help out that douchebag, she probably would have gotten away, too. I really liked her faith in J.D. getting there in time.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 39 comments I really like this scene as well; it was totally heartbreaking how Lucy's dad just ran out on her. Lucy showed grit, daring and kindness as she put her mother and Qwyn first.

Mentioned it before, but Lucy's dad needed to suffer more.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments You've all said it. I was most appalled at Lucy's dad. He did not find a better "self" inside the whole time he was tied up and knew what he might be facing. Completely unrepentant b@$^@#d.

It was heartbreaking that Lucy's setting him free left her with her broken leg and almost certain death in view.

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments Not to mention that he killed that tiny bit of hope in her heart that he really loved her.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Yep - I agree her dad was a piece of work and I can't believe she still tried to help him after he was shot in the back! I loved that Lucy had faith in J.D. and liked that he ended up being the "sniper" who saved her. I also really liked that she was strong throughout and almost saved herself.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Ditto to all of you!