Friends of Snuggly Books discussion

Berit Ellingsen
This topic is about Berit Ellingsen
Modern Authors > Berit Ellingsen

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Snuggly (new)

Snuggly Books | 152 comments Mod
Post anything related to the works of Berit Ellingsen.

message 2: by Seregil of Rhiminee (last edited Jan 08, 2017 03:03AM) (new)

Seregil of Rhiminee (seregilofrhiminee) | 6 comments Berit Ellingsen's mini-collection Vessel and Solsvart is a deeply compelling and fascinatingly unsettling reading experience. I love the author's literary prose and her way of creating a dark and bleak atmosphere. She writes excellently about death, life and nature.

The title story, Vessel and Solsvart is a captivating account of Vessel and Solsvart and their wanderings in a desolate world. The final story, Summer Dusk, Winter Moon reminded me slightly of Angela Slatter, because it has a similar kind of feel of myth and wonder to it as some of the stories in The Bitterwood Bible and Other Recountings.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin Isis (justinisis) | 17 comments Hoping this book will get a lot of attention as Berit's writing deserves the widest possible exposure.

message 4: by Berit (new)

Berit Ellingsen (beritellingsen) | 1 comments Thank you so much, Justin and Seregil! I'll post a link to this in other social media. If you have any questions about my stories, feel free to ask.

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Danse (dansedesirable) | 1 comments Looking forward to reading Vessel and Solsvart! :D

message 6: by Snuggly (new)

Snuggly Books | 152 comments Mod
A new review of Vessel and Solsvart has just gone up:

https://culturedvultures.com/book-rev...

"Some books you can enjoy for the story. Sometimes you’re enjoying something and you come to realise that you’re also enjoying the way the words are put together. I had this with Jeffrey Eugenides’ and Anthony Burgess’s work, and also Annie Proulx’s The Shipping News...Vessel and Solsvart is an accomplished collection sure to engage you as a reader. Its diminutive size positively encourages you to curl up around it and get lost in the fantasy of it all. If you want something a little different, I highly recommend it. It could also be a gateway book into Ellingsen’s longer works, as you may be encouraged, like I, to check out her novels."