Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Language & Translation Issues > Orson Scott Card

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44994 comments Mod
OSC could use assistance from Spanish and French speakers, among others. Thanks!

message 2: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments Maybe I can help: I'm a French speaker and I have some of his books. What's the problem ?

message 3: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 5 comments I can also help. I'm fluent in French

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jul 30, 2009 01:45PM) (new)

They need combining with the English (and other) editions. Far more stray Spanish ones at the moment, but there were a couple French ones too, I think.

Thanks!

message 5: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments I combined the French editions that could be combined, except Trilogie ender strategie 072596 because the title baffles me: either it's "La stratégie Ender" (Ender's game), or the title is incomplete and it contains the first three books of the series. A search on the web gave me nothing more for this ISBN.
There's also L'apprenti Alvin et le soc bon-rien which would be "Prentice Alvin and the No-Good Plow" if it was there.

While I was at it, even if I don't speak these languages, I also combined some Spanish and Polish editions, thanks to wikipedia. I think it should be ok, but feel free to check.

There are still some Deutsch and Dutch editions to combine.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The first is almost certainly the 1st three books (that is, Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide), and I believe there are English equivalents.

"Prentice Alvin and the No-Good Plow" is an epic poem that became the Alvin Maker series. It was never published as an independent work in the US; just in a magazine and his large short story collection.

message 7: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments rivka wrote: "The first is almost certainly the 1st three books (that is, Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide), and I believe there are English equivalents..."

Ok, I combined it with "The Ender Wiggin Saga", we can always change that if we get another info later.