Play Book Tag discussion

Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4)
This topic is about Dead Heat
Archive: Other Books > Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 2888 comments I read this for Jen's Chutes and Ladders game, and within the first few chapters realized I had already read this last year but neglected to review it then, and so it was not recorded for last year's reads. But it was fun revisiting it.

Charles and Anna go to Arizona to visit Joseph, and old friend of Charles's who is dying. Their family owns and breeds Arabians, so Charles wants Anna to choose a horse for her birthday. Joseph, the human son of an alpha werewolf, refuses to be turned, much to the dismay and anger of his father.

While there they become involved in the hunt for a fae who attacks Joseph's daughter-in-law and grandchildren, and further investigation reveals unusual deaths around the area. What they don't realize is just how powerful the fae lord is, and it will take the efforts of the two packs and the FBI to deal with the escalating conflict.

I am thoroughly enjoying the relationship between Anna and Charles, and how Anna is slowly overcoming her past to become a much stronger person, while Charles is softening without reducing one whit his deadly abilities. Charles also has to deal with the downside of loving humans, as he says goodbye to his dying friend. Both of Briggs's series remain solid and enjoyable as ever.