Vermont College MFAers discussion

Hello!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

David | 5 comments Mod
Hey, everyone -- it looks like we have some members! Feel free to keep inviting any VC folks you see on Goodreads. Maybe people want to introduce themselves, say when they graduated (or are going to graduate), who they worked with, and/or anything else about them -- feel free to respond to this post with some whiz-bang introduction if you like.

(I'm David, and I graduated in fiction in January of 2000, and I worked with a few folks on a couple of novel projects, but Christopher Noel and Ellen Lesser really stood out. I still think about the advice they gave me.)

message 2: by Zack (new)

Zack | 2 comments I'm Zack Kopp, MFA in Fiction and Creative Truth in 1/08 -- while at VC, worked with Domenic Stansberry, Larry Sutin, Nance Van Winckel, Chris Noel. currently co-editing an anti-fame zine called the Gut and subsisting as a freelance writer in Denver.

message 3: by Lisha Adela (new)

Lisha Adela | 1 comments Hello Zack and all VMFA'ers. I graduated 1/05 and am still writing and writing. As a poet who wishes she had time for Creative Truth, I commend you on living as a writer. I worked with Betsy Sholl, Jody Gladding, Natasha Saje, and Richard Jackson. I miss the packets and the wonderful discoveries every term.

message 4: by Drabekate (new)

Drabekate | 3 comments Lisha Adela wrote: "Hello Zack and all VMFA'ers. I graduated 1/05 and am still writing and writing. As a poet who wishes she had time for Creative Truth, I commend you on living as a writer. I worked with Betsy Sh..."

Hi Zack and MFA's! I graduated 1/06 and still writing and loving the whole process. I worked with Jody, Betsy, Roger and Nancy Eimers and thought each one was just terrific.
I too applaud you-it's not always easy to keep up with life and work-- but I remember the packets, the talk, the letters, how each one brought be forward. I thought It was great.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 1 comments I graduated in 1/05 and enjoyed the frenzied pace of the program and all its demands. I've since been writing prolifically and continue to be published. I worked with Roger Weingarten, Betsy Sholl, Clare Rossini, and Leslie Ullman, and alo with Rick Jackson during my last residency's workshop and also a post grad. manuscript conf. Each gave me their own valuable offerings (insights, personal aesthetics, revision strategies, etc.) The program tested my dedication to the craft and I still work much the same way, except for the critical essays. Enjoy the ride, Zach. Good to see my old VC buddies! Happy holidays.