Reason Reigns & Royal Serf discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa My kids are in a charter school. It is through the public schools so most of the needs are met from the district but not all. Our amazing school has been preparing kids for the future for 6 years now. One thing that is very much in need and just does not fit in the budget is a library. The school and teachers have also tried without success to get grants to cover the books.

This last year, it really became a problem as our kids are not being able to find the books they need for assignments because the schools are all looking for them at the same time. There is also a requirement for all students to read at least 1 1/2 hours a week. This can also be hard for some of our students who have parents like me, without a car, disabled or both.

Through a fundraiser last year, we managed to get a small start. We ended up with a couple copies of about 5 or 6 books. We also send in books, that are acceptable for the ages in the school, when we finish them. I would like to humbly request that, if there are books others are done with, if they could forward them on to me and I can send them into the school with the teachers/kids. In addition all extra books that are acceptable for ages from kindergarten to about 17 or 18 year old young adults would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to any and all who are able to assist us in helping our kids.

The most important ones are:
Our Town
The old man and the sea
20,000 leagues under the sea
The Odyssey
The Iliad
Beowulf
Silas Marner
Cyrano de Bergerac
Like Water for Chocolate
Cry, the Beloved Country
A Seperate Peace
All Quiet on the Western Front
Catch 22
The Joy Luck Club
The Red Badge of Courage
The Sun Also Rises
Books about King Arthur
Heart of Darkness
Don Quixote
Lord of the Rings series
Poetry from the greats such as
Robert Frost
Elizabeth Barret Browning
Walt Whitman
William Blake
John Keats

Any other Classics or extras you have and would like to pass on would be great. These are just a list of ones we discussed that we wanted or needed for assignments that were first on the list.

message 2: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (ilyn_ross) | 175 comments Mod
As promised, I will send Reason Reigns and Royal Serf this week. In the near future, I will send you books by Ayn Rand.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Thank you so very much. Bless you. I know that any we can get will be a great blessing to our school.

message 4: by Ilyn (new)

My pleasure. Thanks - bless you and your school.

message 5: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1 comments I don't think I have any of those books, but I do have some others, which might be appropriate. Where do I send them?

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Beverly,

Thank you so much! Bless you. I just sent you a message with the address info.

message 7: by Ilyn (new)

Hello Beverly and Melissa.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I wanted to take this time to thank Ilyn again for letting us post this here and for all of the wonderful people who have taken the time to read this. The thoughtfulness is appreciated.