Withnail and I: The Screenplay Withnail and I discussion

Withnail and I

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the NAIL. I'm out of date, out of touch, just plain out of "IT." & it seems as though "Withnail" is an update of the DECAMERON. That's the impression I get from reading the plot summary. THE DECAMERON, one of the all time greats, is a classic that reads as though it's a cult fav.

message 2: by Jason (last edited Feb 28, 2008 10:34AM) (new)

Jason Not sure how "Withnail & I" relates to the Decameron, unless one of the stories in the Decameron (I have not read them all) is about a couple of drunken actors who "go on holiday by mistake."

On another note...how does something "read as though it's a cult fav." The ability to pinpoint this style intrigues me, please explain! Though it is delightful that someone would describe a 14th century classic as a "cult fav."

Lysergius "Withnail and I" is simply hilarious. Having seen the film and read the script I can recommend it to anyone who wants a good laugh!

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Lee Withnail and I is my favourite film of all time. I'm even a member of the appreciation society on Facebook. There are so many brilliant lines in it. I'd thoroughly recommend it too.