Poetic Book Tours discussion

Among the Lost
This topic is about Among the Lost
2017 Blog Tours > Signup for Among the Lost poetry blog tour

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Serena (sagustocox) | 47 comments Mod
This one is for a poetry collection, Among the Lost, by Seth Steinzor, which he based upon Dante's Pergatorio.

We're interested in reviews, interviews, and guest post stops for this tour. And we'd love to have you if you are available in January 2017.

Please see the information below about the book and poet.

About the Collection:

Among the Lost, set in the modern American rust belt, is a meditation drawn from Dante’s Purgatorio. To Dante, Purgatory was the mountain where souls not damned went after death to cleanse themselves of sin in preparation for entering Paradise. What, Steinzor asks, are we preparing ourselves for, having lost the fear of hell and the hope of heaven, in the course of our daily urban existence? And whatever that is, how do we go about preparing for it?

Praise for Among the Lost

What a magnificent ascension Seth Steinzor is achieving. Having embarked on a latter-day retelling of the Divine Comedy, he has already descended into the Inferno and has now risen to the peak of Mount Purgatory, regaling us along the way with apt parallels to Dante's infernal and purgatorial people, places, and purposes. We are indeed fortunate to have Steinzor following Dante's footsteps. —Rennie McQuilken, Connecticut Poet Laureate

About the Poet:

Seth Steinzor protested the Vietnam War during his high school years near Buffalo, New York, and his years at Middlebury College, advocated Native American causes after law school, and has made a career as a civil rights attorney, criminal prosecutor, and welfare attorney for the State of Vermont. Throughout he has written poetry. In early 1980s Boston he edited a small literary journal. His first, highly praised book, To Join the Lost, was published in 2010.

Please send along 1-2 dates in January 2017 that you are available to post a review, guest post, or interview.

Please share with those who would be interested in interviewing or hosting the post.

I have 2 more openings on this blog tour for interviews or guest posts. Let me know if you have a topic you'd like Seth to cover and what date you have open in January 2017.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (Melwyk) | 3 comments I read his first book so if you're still wanting someone to fill a spot I may be interested...let me know available dates to see if I'll be available... thanks!

Hi Melanie, any date in January works. Did you want to review?

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (Melwyk) | 3 comments Sure - I'd be glad to review - or whatever kind of post you need most. Early-mid January works best for me.

Ok I will send you an email soon with a date and get a book sent to you!

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (Melwyk) | 3 comments Melanie wrote: "Sure - I'd be glad to review - or whatever kind of post you need most. Early-mid January works best for me."

Exciting!