Melanie Dickerson Fan Club discussion

General Book Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments This is just a general chat where we can discuss any of Melanie's books (:

I was just thinking about rereading one of her older books... Which would/have you read more than once?

I have read Merchant's Daughter and Healer's Apprentice more times than I can count. Sometimes I would just skim through the books again and read my favorite scenes :) I might have read Fairest Beauty more than once, but I think I wanna pick it up again.

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I havd read Captive Maiden sooo many times! That one is my favorite!

message 3: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I've read the Healer's Apprentice twice. Once to myself and once out loud to my little sister and my BFF. It like to read The Fairest Maiden again though, it is probably one of my most favourite books.

message 4: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I was looking at the books and decided I like The Fairest Beauty and The Captive Maiden the best. I would read these again. What are you guys favourite Melanie Dickerson books?

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments Definitely The Merchant's Daughter and The Healer's Apprentice... oh and The Golden Braid

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments I LOVE the Merchant's Daughter and The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest. But then, I like the Healer's Apprentice. They are all so good it is really hard to pick.

message 7: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 30 comments The Silent Songbird is SO GOOD so far! The main character reminds me a lot of myself, so it's a fun read

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments I am soo excited to read it!!!!

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Same, Lauren!!

Fifi’s Bookshelf  (afairytaledream) | 11 comments My favorites are the fairest beauty and the captive maiden. The fairest beauty is actually how I found out about Melanie Dickerson and how I became a fan! My other favorite is definitely her regency book, a spy's devotion. Me and my friend got it on audiobook and we would literally sit there for hours just listening to it.

message 11: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments Oohh I've never gotten an audiobook before

Fifi’s Bookshelf  (afairytaledream) | 11 comments Audiobooks are really fun! They're fun to listen to in the car or at the gym. I loved a spy's devotion on audiobook so much I might do the sequel as an audiobook too. Plus they read it in a British accent which I like, haha

message 13: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes! Audiobooks are awesome!!

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Seven more days until Christmas!

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments I know I am soo excited

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Ikr!

message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) So what have you all been readign lately?

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments You?

message 21: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Ohh! Fun! I love the Ranger's Apprentice series!!!

I am currently reading The Outcasts by John Flanagan--the beginning of the Brotherband Chronicles.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments Cool, it is good so far?

message 23: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Definitely! I am only a few chapters in, though ;)

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments Tell me what you think when you are done.

message 25: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Princess Emilia wrote: "This is just a general chat where we can discuss any of Melanie's books (:

I was just thinking about rereading one of her older books... Which would/have you read more than once?

I have read Merc..."

I really really love The Fairest Beauty, but I love them all, I also agree with Haley The Captive Maiden's good too!

message 26: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I read The Healers Apprentice, The Fairest Beauty and The Captive Maiden again recently to my younger sister and she loved it. I plan on rereading the rest of Melanie's books over the next year.

message 27: by Abigail (new)

Abigail You should :) :D. They are allll sooooo good :) :D

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Definitely!

message 29: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Lauren wrote: "Tell me what you think when you are done."

I really liked it!

message 30: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments I recently finished A Viscount's Proposal and I really liked it. Couldn't put it down :)

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments Haley *City Girl Appearance~Country Girl Heart* wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Tell me what you think when you are done."

I really liked it!"

Scale 1 to 10 how good was it? Was it as good as rangers apprentice?

Fifi’s Bookshelf  (afairytaledream) | 11 comments You got to read it already? I'm so jealous! Was it as good as the first book? The first book was literally the best regency book I've ever read

message 33: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) @Emilia---I am SO excited this book! Cool thing that you could already read it

message 34: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Lauren wrote: "Haley *City Girl Appearance~Country Girl Heart* wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Tell me what you think when you are done."

I really liked it!"

Scale 1 to 10 how good was it? Was it as good as rangers app..."

I would say about 7. I still like RA better, but it was good.

message 35: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments I think I liked both books about the same. I'll admit that at first I liked Leorah more in the first book as a minor character than in the second book as the main character, but that didn't last too long :))

message 36: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Nice! Well, I can't wait to read it!

message 37: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I am starting The Silent Songbird right now. I'm so exited. Have any of you read it yet?

message 38: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments I did :) it was ADORABLE

message 39: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I finished it yesterday and I love it. I like how Melanie's characters have this you can relate to.

message 40: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I really liked it! It wasn't my fave, but it was pretty good. ;)

message 41: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments My favourite is The Captive Maiden. What is your?

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments The Merchant's Daughter or A Viscount's Proposal I am at war which one I like better:)

message 43: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments I haven't read A Viscounts proposal, but I'm reading the Merchant's Daughter for the second time to my sister. She's enjoying and I even read I little to my mom.

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments A Viscounts Proposal is really really good

message 45: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Captive Maiden is my fave!
I can't wait to read Viscounts Proposal!!

message 46: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments Have any of you read the Saddler's Legacy series by Rosslyn Elliot? I've read the first one, but I gave the others in my book shelf to read.

message 47: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlamb) | 318 comments No, but they look really good.

message 48: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) No, I am looking them up now.

message 49: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh!! It looks super good! I will definitely have to read it!

message 50: by Kiwi (new)

Kiwi | 229 comments The first one is really good. I was almost crying. The other two are on the shelf calling my name at the moment! Do you guys prefer series or just one book?

« previous 1