Christian Readers discussion

NanoWrimo

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Wilson (C_E_Wilson) | 54 comments Anyone try nanowrimo? To me that, that seems crazy, punching out 50,000 words in 20 days.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Reynolds (brian_reynolds) | 18 comments I'd take a stab at it if I had a clue whether or not I'd be any good at a novel. Challenges from an outside source such as that tend to flip an internal switch to try and step up to the plate.

message 3: by Mamatha (last edited Nov 02, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Mamatha Kamireddy (mamathak) | 2 comments I attempted twice and this is my third time. It is particularly beneficial for people because it sets a target. Without it, many don't accomplish the task of writing 50000 words for many reasons like procrastination, lack of push, lost for too long in finding right words, unsatisfied with character development or merely grammar. With a target at hand, people just write thus finishing the first draft, leaving all the doubts to be addressed in second, third drafts.
I would like to mention about my friend Neil D'Silva Maya's New Husband who accomplished his first book through nanowrimo.

message 4: by Markus (new)

Markus McDowell (markusmcdowellauthor) | 20 comments This is my second time. It is stressful, but it is also exhilarating. Though I am a pretty disciplined with my writing, I am spread thin over many writing and editing projects. So NaNoWriMo gives me the opportunity to focus on one project. (I do spend the last two weeks of October getting ahead on tasks due in November to clear up time.)

It runs for 30 days, not 20. That's about 1750 words a day. I do some manner of outline and prompts beforehand.

I'd suggest trying it if you have ever wanted to write a novel. If you can't keep up, no big deal. Lot's of people start and cannot finish it. No downside.

message 5: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Wilson (C_E_Wilson) | 54 comments I think next year I'll give it a try. I'm still setting up social media to sell my first novel released in September. I'm also writing a 12k word short story which fits into the series. I'm also writing book 2 for the series.

For now I'm going to focus on the short story and family. My babygirl just turned 9 months. My first child.