A Passage to India A Passage to India discussion

Books to read in India

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie Curtis Hi all

I hope you can help. At slightly more than 21 I am FINALLY going to India. I have wanted to go ever since I read ' Passage to India' for my O'levels - oh that ages me! Anyway, I would love to have some ideas about what I should read while travelling. I have read ' A Suitable Boy' and "Jewel in the Crown' and even 'The Far Pavillions'! I really love a good story and am unlikely to read non-fiction!

Any ideas or recommendations?

Many thanks

Annie

Mike A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

Kitty You can also try a few books by Mircea Eliade, like Maitreyi. He does have a few books that are non-fiction as well, regarding Yoga practices or other such notions, but he was a very good writer and I definitely recommend him.

Narendrāditya Nalwa Kitty wrote: "You can also try a few books by Mircea Eliade, like Maitreyi. He does have a few books that are non-fiction as well, regarding Yoga practices or other such notions, but he was a very good writer an..."

Better don't read about Yoga. Learn it from a certified master.

Narendrāditya Nalwa Annie wrote: "Hi all

I hope you can help. At slightly more than 21 I am FINALLY going to India. I have wanted to go ever since I read ' Passage to India' for my O'levels - oh that ages me! Anyway, I would love ..."

Read Ruskin Bond.

Eskay Teel Shantaram

I've lived in India for three years. Someone recommended this book to me... and now I'm recommending it to you.