2-3-4 Challenge discussion

The Poet (Jack McEvoy, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #5)
This topic is about The Poet
Archives - Group Reads > The Poet by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch Universe #11; Jack McEvoy #1) - November 2016

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10496 comments Mod
Jack McEvoy is a Denver crime reporter with the stickiest assignment of his career. His twin brother, homicide detective Sean McEvoy, was found dead in his car from a self-inflicted bullet wound to the head--an Edgar Allen Poe quote smeared on the windshield. Jack is going to write the story. The problem is that Jack doesn't believe that his brother killed himself, and the more information he uncovers, the more it looks like Sean's death was the work of a serial killer. Jack's research turns up similar cases in cities across the country, and within days, he's sucked into an intense FBI investigation of an Internet pedophile who may also be a cop killer nicknamed the Poet. It's only a matter of time before the Poet kills again, and as Jack and the FBI team struggle to stay ahead of him, the killer moves in, dangerously close.

Discussion Questions

When we're done reading this book, I'm going to change the order in the series. We've already seen references to this case in at least two earlier books. Two GR members (outside of this group) have determined that it should be the fifth book in the universe list based on published date order.

I asked that we not change it on the series list until our group finished reading it this month.

Hope this makes sense.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Sounds good! And it makes sense to me :)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments I started this one last night

Finished this one. A different kind of story but I liked it for the most part. Discussion topics to come!

message 6: by Jonetta (last edited Nov 28, 2016 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Discussion questions are now posted! See link in the first message.