The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > November Employee of the Month - ☘KathyD☘

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
The November 2016 Employee of the Month

description

is......

description

☘KathyD☘!!

description

Congrats, ☘KathyD☘! So tell us a little about yourself:

1. What country/state do you currently live in?
2. What book are you reading right now?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. What is your favorite genre or series of books?
5. Besides reading, what are your hobbies?
6. What is your favorite holiday?
7. What is your favorite activity that isn’t a hobby and doesn’t involve books?
8. What is your favorite movie and/or song?
9. What challenge or type of challenge is your favorite to participate in?
10. Name a country you would like to visit, and why.
11. What was the first book that you remember reading/being read?
12. What is your dream job?
13. What is the furthest place you have traveled to?
14. What was the last book you recommended to someone?
15. If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be?
16. If you were given $20 to spend in a bookstore, what would you buy?
17. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
18. What is your favorite dessert?
19. What was the last book that made you laugh?
20. What's your preferred method of reading? i.e. paperback, e-reader, audio, etc.

BONUS:
Tell us three things about yourself not already mentioned here.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Congratulations!

message 3: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 905 comments Thanks to the Mods for nominating me! How cool to be “Employee of the Month”!

Illinois, United States

Pleasure of a Dark Prince, Kresley Cole (audio) and Lovegame, Tracy Wolff (kindle)

Jealous And Freakn’, Eve Langlais

My favorite genre is romance, specifically erotica…I love a bunch of subgenres…as for series of books, I have so many I love but the first few that come to mind include Psy-Changling & Guild Hunter (Nalini Singh), Immortals After Dark (Kresley Cole), Masters & Mercenaries (Lexi Blake), In Death (J.D. Robb), Black Dagger Brotherhood (J.R. Ward), Reapers MC (Joanna Wylde), Rock Chick (Kristen Ashley), and MacKenzies & McBrides (Jennifer Ashley)

Like I have time for other hobbies! ;) When I do have time, I enjoy cross stitching, movies, and sleeping

Thanksgiving

I haven’t had time for it in a while, but I loved my time as a volunteer for a pit bull rescue near me (It’s a Pittie Rescue)

Like books, I could go on with my favorite movies, but my top favorites are Sleeping Beauty, Wizard of Oz, Usual Suspects, and Sound of Music…for songs, my favorites include Stand By Me (Ben E. King), At Last (Etta James), My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music)

I like all types of challenges, but my favorites are monthly, seasonal, and pick-for-me challenges

Ireland…my mother’s father was born in Ireland and lived there until his early 20s…I would love to see his homeland

I know there were tons of books that were read to me before and that I read prior to this book, but I can still remember sitting in the bathroom, feet tucked under me on the heating grate as I read The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton…such a great book!

movie critic

Greece

Hard to Let Go, Laura Kaye

Yikes…that’s a difficult question…the first name that popped into my head is Roarke (from the In Death series)

a gift card so I could add to my audio or Kindle collection (or to give as a gift)!

I think I’d go to the past…both my parents have passed and I would love to see them again

chocolate cake and my grandma’s cheesecake

Sustained….I LOVE Emma Chase’s writing! She is amazing at weaving a story from the male point of view!

20. What’s your preferred method of reading?
audio is my go-to method these days, but I also love my Kindle!

BONUS
1. I have a handful of health issues, but the most uncommon aliment is narcolepsy.
2. I met Lily, my pit bull baby, the day she was born! She came from a litter from a friend of my husband’s family and my mother-in-law helped deliver her!
3. My wedding (and groom’s) cake were made by the talented bakers at Charm City Cakes, which is well known as the bakery from Food Network’s Ace of Cakes! (The groom’s cake was featured on an episode of the show!)

message 4: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Dec 01, 2016 06:31AM) (new)

Lanelle | 13405 comments Mod
Congratulations, Kathy!
I'm in for this challenge.
books read: 9

2. Wolffe Clean Sweep 11/30/16 **** "Keep up, Mr. Wolf." p. 180
3. jealous A Dangerous Harbor 11/5/16 *** "I'm crazy jealous..." p. 190
4. romance The Grand Sophy 11/14/16 ****
7. rescue French Leave 11/2/16 *** (the mc gets rescued)
10. Ireland Murphy's Law 11/3/16 *** (book begins in Ireland)
13. Greece And Only to Deceive 11/18/16 **** (the book ends in Greece)
15. In Death The Glass Magician 11/19/16 *** (mc's friend dies)
18. chocolate cake The Year the Swallows Came Early 11/4/16 *** (the mc makes a chocolate cake)
20. Kindle The Master Magician 11/20/16 ***

message 5: by Susan A (last edited Nov 13, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Susan A | 1623 comments Congrats ☘KathyD☘!

I'm in for 5.

1. Set in Illinois - Tied Up in Knots Nov 2 ★★★
4. romance - Resistance Nov 6 ★★★★
5. movies - Take TwoNov 8 ★★★
9. From the pick it for me challenge - The Greek Tycoon’s Green Card Groom Nov 11 ★★★
16. purchased with a gift card - Glecerus: The Choice Nov 8 ★★★
17. set in the past - The Long Road Home Nov 13 ★★★★

Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3) by Mary Calmes Resistance by Lillian Francis Take Two by Shira Anthony The Greek Tycoon’s Green Card Groom by Kate McMurray Glecerus The Choice (Alien Lovers, #2) by Olivia Black The Long Road Home by Sarah Granger

message 6: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t congrats Kathy D

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1885 comments 15. If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be?
Yikes…that’s a difficult question…the first name that popped into my head is Roarke (from the In Death series)

Oh my...you and me both. Yummy

message 8: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 02, 2016 04:28PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Congrats Kathy D!!

I'm in ~ we'll see how many I can do :)

Illinois, United States - Blood Rites - set in Chicago IL

Pleasure of a Dark Prince, Kresley Cole (audio) and Lovegame, Tracy Wolff (kindle)

4. What is your favorite genre or series of books? My favorite genre is romance, specifically erotica…IPsy-Changling & Guild Hunter (Nalini Singh), In Death (J.D. Robb) Thankless in Death

7. What is your favorite activity that isn’t a hobby and doesn’t involve books? book w/ a dog

I like all types of challenges, but my favorites are monthly, seasonal, and pick-for-me challenges. My link to Nov Monthly Challenge
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Ireland…my mother’s father was born in Ireland and lived there until his early 20s…I would love to see his homeland

Hard to Let Go, Laura Kaye Ride Hard

Yikes…that’s a difficult question…the first name that popped into my head is Roarke (from the In Death series) Next in Death book

16. If you were given $20 to spend in a bookstore, what would you buy? bought w/gc

17. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? historical

Sustained….I LOVE Emma Chase’s writing! She is amazing at weaving a story from the male point of view!

audio or kindle book Bloodline 11/2/16 4♥

message 9: by Barbara ★ (last edited Nov 30, 2016 11:19PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1885 comments Congrats Kathy!

READ: 5/5

✔1. What country/state do you currently live in?
Illinois, United States
Cold Days - Jim Butcher (set in Chicago, Illinois) 11/22
Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim Butcher

✔3. What was the last book you read?
Hide Away - Iris Johansen (Eve Duncan series) 11/16
Hide Away (Eve Duncan, #20) by Iris Johansen

✔9. What challenge or type of challenge is your favorite to participate in?
I like all types of challenges, but my favorites are monthly, seasonal, and pick-for-me challenges
The Ghoul Next Door - Victoria Laurie (used for RRRC monthly challenge) 11/1
The Ghoul Next Door (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #8) by Victoria Laurie

✔17. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
I think I’d go to the past…both my parents have passed and I would love to see them again
One Snowy Knight - Deborah MacGillivray 11/25
One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #3) by Deborah MacGillivray

✔20. What’s your preferred method of reading?
Insidious - Catherine Coulter (audiobook) 11/7
Insidious (FBI Thriller, #20) by Catherine Coulter

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 10: by JoAnne (last edited Dec 01, 2016 07:06PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2441 comments Congrats Kathy D! Will see how many I can complete this month.
Read 19/23 DONE - best yet for me!

1. Read a book set in Illinois
The Christmas Promise (The McClendon Holiday Series) by Sean D. Young The Christmas Promise (The McClendon Holiday Series #2) by Sean D. Young 11/6/16 5stars (Chicago)

2. Read a book on my Kindle
A Soldier's Second Chance by Lynne Marshall A Soldier's Second Chance by Lynne Marshall 11/16/16 4stars

3. Read a paranormal book
Ruled (Outlaws, #3) by Elle Kennedy Ruled (Outlaws #3) by Elle Kennedy 11/15/16 3stars

4. Read a book from a favorite series
The Bluebird (Wings of the West #5) by Kristy McCaffrey The Bluebird (Wings of the West #5) by Kristy McCaffrey 11/27/16 5stars (a new favorite series - have to read the first 4 books now)

5. Read a book where the mc has a hobby
The Mating Season by Laurie Horowitz The Mating Season by Laurie Horowitz, James Patterson 11/6/16 4stars (Sophie plays the recorder)

6. Read a book set at least in part at Thanksgiving
It's Been You by Rina Gray It's Been You (Crush on You #2) by Rina Gray 11/5/16 4stars (big dinner at Nathan's parent's house)

7. Read a book where the main character volunteers
Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber 11/5/16 4stars (Julia at the Boys and Girls Club)

9. Read a book with a change of seasons
The Mistletoe Secret by Richard Paul Evans The Mistletoe Secret (Mistletoe Collection) by Richard Paul Evans 11/20/16 4stars (from sunny FL to snowy Utah)

13. Read a book set far from where I live and NOT set in the USA (I live in CT)
The Portrait by Geraldine Solon The Portrait by Geraldine Solon 11/2/16 3stars (Spain)

14. Read a book that was recommended to me
Maybe This Time (Colorado Ice, #1) by Jennifer Snow Maybe This Time (Colorado Ice #2) by Jennifer Snow 11/20/16 4stars (recommended by the author)

15. Read a book where I would like the fictional character to come to life
Nic (Rossi Brothers, #2) by J.M. Stewart Nic (Rossi Brothers #2) by J.M. Stewart 11/19/16 4stars

16. Read a book where a gift is given
Be My Valentine (The McClendon Holiday Series) by Sean D. Young Be My Valentine (The McClendon Holiday Series #3) by Sean D. Young 11/7/16 4stars (lots of Valentine's gifts from Jacques to Patrice)

17. Read a book set in the past
The Scottish Duke by Karen Ranney The Scottish Duke by Karen Ranney 11/26/16 4stars (1861 in the Scottish Highlands)

18. Read a book with cake in it
Sacking the Quarterback by Samantha Towle Sacking the Quarterback by Samantha Towle, James Patterson (foreward) 11/5/16 3.5stars (carrot cake)

19. Read a book that makes you laugh (I enjoyed Sustained as well and it did make me laugh)
In a Ranger's Arms (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #1) by Donna Michaels In a Ranger's Arms (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #1) by Donna Michaels 11/29/16 5stars (sadness but laughter too)

20. Read any book
Millionaire Under the Mistletoe by Stefanie London Millionaire Under the Mistletoe by Stephanie London 11/12/16 4stars

BONUS
1. Read a book where someone has a health issue
Family Tree by Susan Wiggs Family Tree by Susan Wiggs 11/10/16 4stars (Annie and Sanford)

2. Read a book with a puppy
The Holiday Gift / A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne The Holiday Gift by RaeAnne Thayne 11/1/16 4stars (Rosie has 5 puppies)

3. Read a book with a wedding (wow - that's awesome about the cake)
Beauty and the Billionaire The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club #6.5) by Jessica Clare Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club #6.5) by Jessica Clare 11/12/16 4stars (Gretchen and Hunter)

message 11: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 905 comments thanks all!

message 12: by Kay Kay (last edited Nov 30, 2016 07:26PM) (new)

Kay Kay | 72 comments Maybe I will try this.

Illinois, United States
The Whistling Season United States

The Sweetest Dark audio

Magic Burns There was jealousy in this book. Don't want to give anything away ;)

My favorite genre is romance, specifically erotica…I love a bunch of subgenres…as for series of books, I have so many I love but the first few that come to mind include Psy-Changling & Guild Hunter (Nalini Singh), Immortals After Dark (Kresley Cole), Masters & Mercenaries (Lexi Blake), In Death (J.D. Robb), Black Dagger Brotherhood (J.R. Ward), Reapers MC (Joanna Wylde), Rock Chick (Kristen Ashley), and MacKenzies & McBrides (Jennifer Ashley)
The Darkest Part of the Forest Romance

Like I have time for other hobbies! ;) When I do have time, I enjoy cross stitching, movies, and sleeping
Bad Kitty Meets the Baby Bad Kitty likes to sleep

Thanksgiving
The Absent Author
Character eating sandwich with mayo. Leftover turkey perhaps?

I haven’t had time for it in a while, but I loved my time as a volunteer for a pit bull rescue near me (It’s a Pittie Rescue)
Dog to the Rescue: Seventeen True Tales of Dog Heroism

Like books, I could go on with my favorite movies, but my top favorites are Sleeping Beauty, Wizard of Oz, Usual Suspects, and Sound of Music…for songs, my favorites include Stand By Me (Ben E. King), At Last (Etta James), My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music)
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing You are only supposed to keep things that bring you joy -- favorite things!

This Savage Song Characters have to meet several challenges.

In the Woods

I know there were tons of books that were read to me before and that I read prior to this book, but I can still remember sitting in the bathroom, feet tucked under me on the heating grate as I read The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton…such a great book!

movie critic

Greece

Hard to Let Go, Laura Kaye

a gift card so I could add to my audio or Kindle collection (or to give as a gift)!
The Neil Gaiman Audio Collection CD

Roxie and the Hooligans Shelved as historical fiction

chocolate cake and my grandma’s cheesecake
The Sweetest Dark for dark chocolate cake

BONUS
1. I have a handful of health issues, but the most uncommon aliment is narcolepsy.
2. I met Lily, my pit bull baby, the day she was born! She came from a litter from a friend of my husband’s family and my mother-in-law helped deliver her!
3. My wedding (and groom’s) cake were made by the talented bakers at Charm City Cakes, which is well known as the bakery from Food Network’s Ace of Cakes! (The groom’s cake was featured on an episode of the show!)

message 13: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Congrats Kathy!!!!

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 993 comments Great job Kathy... Your a girl after my own heart... a reading cross-stitcher, two of my favorite things!

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16240 comments Mod
Congratulations Kathy!!!!