Art Lovers discussion

Polls > Poll created October 24

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments This was a suggestion from Melissa to ask if there is anyone who would like to take a month to moderate a topic of their choice. They can come up with the topic, or they can choose one of the ones already opened. They can do whatever they want with that topic for their whole month.
Those who do want to participate will be drawn at random for the month.
If you don't want to participate, that is just fine, too
Please vote!

message 2: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments Two more days to vote if you haven't already!!! We have four people already willing to moderate right now and several others interested in doing so in the future! I'm excited about this.
Please voice your choice! I'll let everyone know who will be our new moderator for the month! (First I will let that person know, of course)

Like I said, it will literally be a random selection on who moderates first. I will not peek myself.

message 3: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments Just FYI, Tuesday I will be drawing a name and I will PM you first and we can talk a bit about it...if you have questions, how to start, etc. Then I'll announce it to you all! I'm excited!

message 4: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments Hey everyone! I want to thank you again all who voted and those who also left comments!

As of right now I have 8 votes for being willing to moderate their own thread for a month (or more). Three of you I got your message that you can't do it at this time. So..
Now I have the following people able and willing to start moderating!

Eugene
Leah
Karl
Haaze
Maria (don't worry I won't pick you first or second)

Is there anyone else willing to take on this exciting opportunity? Please vote today!

Those whom I listed above, if you have any questions, PM me or leave a general question here if you want to.
I will be drawing a name tomorrow and will get in touch with you first then announce it to everyone so get your brain gears going on what you would like to discuss, a topic you would like to moderate or whatever. We'll discuss it as we go along.

And again, if anyone has questions, let me know!

message 5: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments I have randomly chosen our first participant to moderate his or her own thread! I've sent this member a message, just awaiting a response then we'll begin!

I urge everyone to support this member with the topic he or she has chosen.

Update to come.

message 6: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments Our first contestant is....Leah! And she has already messaged with me and has an absolutely WONDERFUL topic! I can't wait to begin this! Her folder will be a one-of-a-kind, something I would have never thought of. It's great to have a fresh mind take over for awhile! Just working out some details then look for the new folder. I hope everyone enjoys this and want LOTS of comments and participation! She'll do great!

message 7: by Ker Metanoia (new)

Ker Metanoia (kermetanoia) | 33 comments Heather wrote: "Our first contestant is....Leah! And she has already messaged with me and has an absolutely WONDERFUL topic! I can't wait to begin this! Her folder will be a one-of-a-kind, something I would have n..."

Wow! I am excited for our monthly topics to begin! :D

message 8: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8396 comments I'm so glad to hear that, Ker Metanoia! I'm really excited too, especially since I know what it's about!

Update: Leah and I have conversed some more today and she now has a great name for her folder. I won't give it away, that's her job!
You'll love it and I'm sure it will spark at least some curiosity.

She did inform me that she is involved with a large obligation right now and probably won't be able to do much until Sunday but no worries, she is ready to do it, has it planned and really knows what she is doing. So just have some patience and we'll all enjoy it on Sunday!