Clean,Non Religious-Reads discussion

Mystery > Any fans of the modern day Western crime-drama~ Longmire?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C., Group Creator (last edited Oct 25, 2016 03:29AM) (new)

C. | 918 comments Mod
My sister in law caught this series on Netflix and told me about it, so I checked and my library has it on DVD. I am so hooked!

Great mysteries. Love the characters, and the acting.

A & E originally aired this but for only three seasons, when they sold it to Netflix who produced the last two[4-5] seasons.

Has anyone heard if there will be any more seasons after this[2016] one?

I need more!

I also used to be a huge fan of the "McCloud"[with Dennis Weaver] and the "In The Heat Of The Night" crime-drama series.
Now the only show that I watch regularly on TV is NCIS, and only the one with Mark Harmon.

https://www.amazon.com/Longmire-Seaso...

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol07) Haven't heard about a new season, but I think fans are campaigning for a new one (seems like you have to do it these days as the networks are so willing to cancel shows).

I read the first book and it was really good. Different than the show.

message 3: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Cramer (kristicramer) | 109 comments I too am hooked on Longmire. I think there will be more but I haven't heard officially. The Netflix seasons are so short!

I love the actors and the acting, and the storylines are so compelling to me.

My mom read the books and she's upset because they made Victoria a wimp, and Henry too. But I understand the books have a lot of foul language. :-(

message 4: by C., Group Creator (new)

C. | 918 comments Mod
Yes, I read in book reviews to watch the TV series instead, because of all the foul language in the books. Such a shame, as I would read them, if they weren't full of profanity!

I just finished watching the season 4 DVDs, so now have to wait until season-5 is put on DVD, to see it, since I don't have Netflix.