What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Embers (Abiassa's Fire, #1)
This topic is about Embers
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA? book i think about a Princess that gives her brother his power to heal him. [s]

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (last edited Nov 09, 2016 12:16AM) (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments I was reading the back of this book while working at amazon but forgot to write the title down. The book was about a princess who's brother was in line to take the throne. The prince had some kind of powers. Something happens to the princess and her brother the prince gave her his power to save her or something. This makes him ineligible to take the throne. The king there father becomes furiated and blames the princess. The princess then goes on a journey to find a way to help or restore her brother. This book really caught my eye but i couldnt find the title. Would love to read it.

message 2: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Andrew wrote: "I was reading the back of this book while working at amazon but forgot to write the title down. The book was about a princess who's brother was in line to take the throne. The prince had some kind ..."

Not sure what period it was set in but i know there was a castle. Any suggestions on what the title might be?

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Wish i knew more, i know the description i gave wasnt much.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
When did you see this book? Remember the cover? Author female or male?

message 5: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments I saw the book in 2013/2014. I think the cover had a castle or kingdom on the front, can't fully remember. I can't remember the author, might have been female. I think the power the prince had was some sort of a fire or flame power or something similar.

message 6: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Last post, then ill just have to give it up, lol.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
First, don't give up. You only posted this last month which means the thread is in its infancy. We have unsolved threads dating back many years, and some of them do get solved. Leaving your thread open for a long period of time means more members will see it and eventually someone who recognizes your book will spot it.

Second, we encourage you to bump your thread every 30 days, but not more often since the group is so large.

message 8: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Bump

message 9: by Andrew (new) - added it

message 10: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments It might not have been YA, it might have been a fantasy novel or something like that.

message 11: by Andrew (new) - added it

message 12: by Kris (last edited Jul 20, 2017 09:28AM) (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
A long shot as the main characters are not sister and brother. A few elements are similar, so I'll mention it just in case -
Aflame by N.M. Bello?

message 13: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Looks interesting, but isnt the one im searching for, might check it out though. I know for sure they are brother and sister and after the incident the prince is in no shape to succeed the king so he gets angry with the princess and she leaves to find a way to fix it. Thats the main part i remember.

message 14: by Lou (new) - added it

Lou Rocama | 435 comments The sister gives her powers to the brother in this, but it sounds similar:
Embers Embers (Abiassa's Fire, #1) by Ronie Kendig

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm going to encourage you to keep looking for this book Andrew--mainly 'cause I'd love to read it myself. Even if it takes a while (I just had one found for me that I listed in 2012.) It was found because I kept bumping it up, and eventually the right person read the thread and told me the title. (And it only cost me $17 to buy, which, considering it was a minor author from the 1960's and hard to find made me really happy.) So, keep on bumping up, and we'll get it found yet.

message 16: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Yes thats the one im looking for Lou. Now i can finally read it yay. Thanks alot everyone for the help.

message 17: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments I got the siblings mixed up, so it was the other way around, sister gives brother her powers and he goes on journey, it was a while ago since i read the back of the book lol. Anyways thanks again.

message 18: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Corby | 13 comments Thanks ann, glad you were able to find it. This one just kept in the back of my mind so it was like it was really wanting me to read it.

message 19: by Lou (new) - added it

Lou Rocama | 435 comments Yay!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Aflame (other topics)
Embers (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

N.M. Bello (other topics)