Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read YA/New Adult, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Dystopian/Apocalyptic, and Thrillers

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Frye (jennifer_frye) Hello!

I am available to beta the genres listed above. (However, no sexual content above PG-13, please.)

I have worked as a copy editor and am able to proofread and make technical improvements, and can also give feedback in more subjective areas (such as characterization, plot, pacing, etc.).

Although I am not published, I am currently working on a novel, so I understand the terror of critique. That being said, I am of the opinion that beta reading is pointless without substantive feedback, so I will provide as much constructive criticism as I am able. Please understand that I don't mean to be harsh, and I don't expect you to agree with all the notes I give.

If you would like me to beta your work, [b]please PM me[/b] with a brief synopsis, word count, and what [i]specific[/i] feedback you would like, and I will get back to you.

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Jennifer,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my thrilling 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel, ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Josh Driscoll, a teenager living in a mysterious underground city known as ‘The Station’, is forced to enroll as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery, as punishment for numerous petty crimes and mischief.

At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s scriptures, which seem to answer questions about the Station’s origin, now lost in the mists of time. From those scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in a part of the Station critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

When the governing Council, of which Josh’s own father is a member, announces plans to demolish the Black Heart to open up badly needed living space, Josh forms a movement and leads a desperate battle to stop the demolition.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks,
Jay

message 3: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) Good morning Jennifer,

Would love it if you would be willing to beta read our newest novel The Neuromorphs.

Here is a link to the book where you can read a chapter and decide if it is interesting to you.
http://dennismeredith.com/the-neuromo...

The authors blog post here http://wp.me/pjyFJ-vM
explains why beta readers and reviewers are so important and that we do listen!

You can reach me at editor@glyphus.com

Thanks for your consideration,
Joni