Christian Authors & Readers discussion

There's No One Like Jesus
This topic is about There's No One Like Jesus
Writing > Let Me Introduce Myself

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blake (new)

Blake Western | 7 comments I have just joined this group. Writing is a new adventure for me. I am now 81 years old. I served as a missionary to Japan and retired in the year 2000. I am a preacher and love good music. For several years I served as the organist in our church. I sing in the choir and play the piano for groups at church. Since retiring I have been taking short-term mission trips to various countries. For many years I have been teaching classes on the Preeminence of Christ and on Lifestyle Evangelism in Leadership Development Institutes.

In 2014 I felt strongly that I should begin writing about the greatness of Jesus. The book, "There's No One Like Jesus," is the result. I took the title from a song which African Christians often sing in which they repeat over and over, "There's no one, there's no one like Jesus." It is not meant to deal with all the deep theological issues but to point clearly to the greatness and uniqueness of Jesus.

My second book has just been published. It is about the awe that people felt when they met Jesus for the first time. It is titled, "Astonished Beyond Measure: Surprising Responses to Jesus." Some people who heard and saw Jesus were bowled over, overwhelmed. Others were so awed that no words would come.

My desire in writing is to present the Gospel clearly and express some of the glories of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It has been my privilege to serve as a missionary to Japan for over 30 years. Most of my times was spent on the Northern most island of Hokkaido. Since retiring the Lord has opened many opportunities for me to minister in other countries. Many in Africa and some have been in Asia and South America.

This will let you know something of where I am coming from. Best wishes to all the members of this group. Blake

My website is: blakewestern.com where there is other information.

message 2: by Emmanuel (new)

Emmanuel O. Afolabi (emmanueloafolabi) | 10 comments Hi Blake,
You are welcome onboard and the good Lord will continue to renew your strength as you continue strive harder in the ministry of reconciliation spreading the good-news through writing. Shalom.
Emmanuel.

message 3: by Blake (new)

Blake Western | 7 comments Emmanuel wrote: "Hi Blake,
You are welcome onboard and the good Lord will continue to renew your strength as you continue strive harder in the ministry of reconciliation spreading the good-news through writing. Sha..."

Thank you Emmanuel for your kind words and your warm welcome to this group. Blake

message 4: by Emmanuel (new)

Emmanuel O. Afolabi (emmanueloafolabi) | 10 comments Hi Everybody!
Compliments of the season to you all. i'm pleased to inform everyone of the released of my New Book Tited "The Pathway to Honor today Jan 12, 2017 now on amazon.com for download, reading, review and rating. The link: amazon.com/dp/1684111889

Thank you all.

Emmanuel.

message 5: by Frannie (new)

Frannie Watson | 1 comments Hello,
I'm new to goodreads.com authors from Atlanta, Georgia but I've been writing since 2008. I've written two detective/thriller novels and one self-help book with my husband, Doug. I share the gospel in each of the books.
If anyone is interested in knowing more about me, my name is Frannie Watson. As I said my books are on goodreads or you can visit our website: www.watsonbooks.com
Thanks and glad to know about your goodreads.com Christian group...
Frannie