Italian literature/letteratura italiana discussion

Seeking suggestions for fiction in Italian

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stella (new)

Stella Bastone (stella_bastone_in_toronto) Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone in this group can recommend some novels for me to order for my mother. She's in her late 70s and loves to read Italian novels, so I order them periodically from Italy (since I haven't found a North American supplier for Canada).

She really enjoyed "La Signora di Ellis Island" and many other titles whose names now I don't remember, but it seems she likes straightforward narratives on the tame side--no magical realism or stream of consciousness edgy stuff (and I often get it wrong since I'm ordering online without access to excerpts). I realize I'm not giving much insight on her preferences but she's pretty open.

Can anyone in this group recommend any novels that a senior Italian immigrant in Canada might enjoy? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. Grazie mille.

message 2: by A (last edited Dec 29, 2016 12:51AM) (new)

A Hi, you could look through my shelves, although I have several relating to Italian subjects they're all in English.

message 3: by Stella (new)

Stella Bastone (stella_bastone_in_toronto) Thanks, Aaron! I did end up ordering a whole bunch in Italian so she's set for a little while. I'll check out your shelves as well. Thank you.