Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: "Gigi’s Favorite RoM" > Favorite read of the month - October 2016

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Tell us what worked for you this October.

message 2: by Poonam (new)

Poonam (goodreadscomuser_poonamnebhnani) | 2 comments Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid and Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart are books I really enjoyed reading in October.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Poonam wrote: "Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid and Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart are books I really enjoyed reading in October."
They sound good,Poonam!
I've been seeing Royally screwed in my feed everyday for the last couple of weeks. It seems everyone is reading that one.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) My favorite read for October had to be Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds just loved it bought next 4 in series.

message 5: by Poonam (new)

Poonam (goodreadscomuser_poonamnebhnani) | 2 comments ShoSho wrote: "Poonam wrote: "Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid and Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart are books I really enjoyed reading in October."
They sou..."

It was one of my best reads of this month. Do try it.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) My favorite reads for October were:

Touchdown (Game Day #1) by T.S. McKinney Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2) by Pamela Clare Inside (Bulletproof, #1) by Brenda Novak

And A reread: Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Danielle wrote: "My favorite reads for October were:

Touchdown (Game Day #1) by T.S. McKinneySlow Burn (Colorado High Country #2) by Pamela ClareInside (Bulletproof, #1) by Brenda Novak

And A reread: Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds"

Glad you enjoyed Inside! Chilling story.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Brenda Novak is so hit and miss for me but I really enjoyed this one. Then I read the Heart of Christmas with "Pretty Boy/Rex" and it just didn't work for me but mostly because I really didn't like Eve :)

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm not an Eve fan either (couldn't forgive her for what she did to Sophia) but I am big on Rex. I liked the suspense element in Heart.

message 10: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments My favorites this month were: Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Meant to post... one of my favorite books for October, and even for the year:
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

message 12: by Vicki (last edited Dec 04, 2016 06:52AM) (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) My favorites for October are Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds I love this series and Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven, #1) by Nora Roberts and Texas Destiny (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath all are part of series or trilogies that I bought the rest because I love them all. OOOPPPPSSS these are my November favorites darn clicked on wrong month sorry

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Vicki wrote: "My favorites for October areJabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds I love this series and Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven, #1) by Nora Roberts andTexas Destiny (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath all are part of series or trilogies that I bough..."

LOVED the Texas Trilogy.

message 14: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 04, 2016 06:49AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Lisa Kay wrote: "Meant to post... one of my favorite books for October, and even for the year:A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman"

I can't wait to read this.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Nice on audio, Jonetta.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yes, wonderful trilogy, Vicki.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Lisa Kay wrote: "Nice on audio, Jonetta."

That's what I've got.

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Dec 04, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Meant to post... one of my favorite books for October, and even for the year:A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman"

I'm going to read this for my out of comfort zone challenge!
Should I go for the audio or the book?

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oops I forgot this last month but it's never too late.

5 stars
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5) by Amanda Stevens Daughters of the Bride by Susan Mallery Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews
All 4 were fantastic!

message 20: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to read this for my out of comfort zone challenge!
Should I go for the audio or the book?"

I actually did both, it was that good. So, either way is good.