YA LGBT Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old story Challenge nominations > November 2016 Picture Prompt--PICTURES WANTED-CLOSED!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy Goode (last edited Oct 24, 2016 04:20PM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments It's that time again to dust off your camera phones or Google your fav pics for our November writing prompt. Remember to keep it YA and give us LOTS of variety!!! Everything under the rainbow. Limit your posts to no more than three pics please!!
AND...

GO!

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments I must freely admit I stole this from a friend's facebook post--but I love this pic!

photo IMG_1755_zpsdc6w6m3j.jpg

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Oh nice one Sammy <3

message 4: by Darren (new)

Darren (dwite) | 359 comments Lol Sammy, that's fast, I wanted to use that one too hahaha

message 5: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Darren great minds think and steal alike. LOLOL. ❤️❤️❤️

message 6: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments

message 7: by Darren (new)

Darren (dwite) | 359 comments

message 8: by Darren (new)

Darren (dwite) | 359 comments

message 9: by Santosh (new)

Santosh Avvannavar | 35 comments Sammy Goode wrote: "It's that time again to dust off your camera phones or Google your fav pics for our November writing prompt. Remember to keep it YA and give us LOTS of variety!!! Everything under the rainbow. Limi..."

How to add an image here? Could you please guide me?

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel (melleach) Santosh wrote: "Sammy Goode wrote: "It's that time again to dust off your camera phones or Google your fav pics for our November writing prompt. Remember to keep it YA and give us LOTS of variety!!! Everything und..."

Here's a link that explains it, Santosh. I don't do it often so I always have to refer back to it. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It's a little bit involved as you have to have someplace to upload the photo to, like a free Photobucket account, and Kaje gave me a tip about taking the photo dimensions out and that seemed to help a lot... at least in my case. I hope this helps. Kaje is a pro at it, so I'm sure she'll have more tips when she logs in. This should get you started.

message 11: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Santosh I always use photobucket. I find an image, save it on my computer and then upload it to photo bucket which is very easy. You just simply click on the upload photo and choose the photo from your download on your computer. Once it's uploaded, the photo itself gives you for options to the left of the image--4 different ways to copy it, you simply click on the HTML option and it automatically copies it for you then you come here and you paste it.

message 12: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Darren and Kaje, these are great photos!

message 13: by Mel (new)

Mel (melleach) Sammy Goode wrote: "Santosh I always use photobucket. I find an image, save it on my computer and then upload it to photo bucket which is very easy. You just simply click on the upload photo and choose the photo from ..."

Thanks, Sammy!!

message 14: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Sammy Goode wrote: "I must freely admit I stole this from a friend's facebook post--but I love this pic!

"

Whoah, that's wicked cool!!! :) :)

message 15: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Riina I thought so too!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Oliveira (justmypipedream) | 65 comments

message 17: by Mel (last edited Oct 25, 2016 03:12PM) (new)

Mel (melleach)

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (melleach) Jennifer (Alex) wrote: ""

Ohhhhh... I like this.

message 19: by Kaje (last edited Oct 25, 2016 04:26PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Santosh wrote: "How to add an image here? Could you please guide me? ..."

One easy way that gets the largest image GR does (width 400) is

<*img src="https://www.yourimagelink" width="400"/>

Copy this HTML code. Take out the * - I just put it in so the HTML code would show and not vanish.

Right-click on any picture online and select "copy image location" (not "link location"), then paste it in where the "https://..." code is

The picture has to be online somewhere - Facebook, photobucket, Goodreads, a blog, that has a url... so if it's on your home computer or phone, you have to upload it somewhere first.

message 20: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Loving these pics!!!!

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (melleach) Sammy Goode wrote: "Loving these pics!!!!"

Me too!!! It's going to be hard to choose!

message 22: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Already so many neat pictures!!! (...and I haven't even written anything in the last few months #sadface.)

I have a few pictures I'd like to add:

message 24: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 595 comments I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year, so I already have my plot bunnies for November all lined up; so I'm posting an image to match. My working title for my novella/novel is "Paint Me a Clear ____ Sky" If that title feels familiar, that's because it's a nod/tribute to Troye Sivan's song.

Source: http://www.zerochan.net/1940681

message 25: by Darren (new)

Darren (dwite) | 359 comments Rez wrote: "I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this yea."

Good luck in NaNoWriMo :)
I love your picture!

We have so many great pictures for November, I am thrilled \o/

message 26: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Sorry to do this so abruptly--I should have posted the date the first day but I will be closing this nomination thread today at midnight so I can get the poll up for voting!! SO you have just one more day today to post pics!!! These are all so great--thank you to everyone who already posted!

message 27: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Rez wrote: "I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year, so I already have my plot bunnies for November all lined up; so I'm posting an image to match. My working title for my novella/novel is "Paint Me a Clear ____ S..."

good luck with Nano--nice pic!!

message 28: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments No worries, Sammy - we have lots of great ones and there are other months to come. If someone misses posting, they can do it next month. ((hugs)) Thanks for working on this... once more, a really tough decision.

message 29: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments The Poll is up--GO VOTE, PLEASE!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.