Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Dead on Sunday
This topic is about Dead on Sunday
Serieses! > Sheri S Tepper corrections

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 37 comments Sheri S. Tepper has passed away. The author information needs to reflect past tense.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
the Series field entry (also in parentheses) has a typo: it is Jason Lynx add the “x”
All books in the series have this error:
• A Little Neighborhood Murder: A Jason Lynx Novel (1989)
• Death and the Dogwalker: A Jason Lynx Novel (1990)
• Death for Old Time's Sake: A Jason Lynx Novel (1992)
• Looking for the Aardvark (1993) (also published in paperback as Dead on Sunday, 1994)
• A Long Time Dead (Fawcett, 1994)
• A Death of Innocents: A Jason Lynx Novel (1996, 1997)

When going to author’s page, and clicking on the Series by… link
The second book in the Ettison series is missing in the grouped images of books by series:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 2: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5196 comments fixed series name...

couldn't find cover for that edition...

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 37 comments I am unclear what you need. The link above is an edition of a book with a cover. I'd like to help. Let me know what you need.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24797 comments I'm guessing it was probably the Corgi edition fRee was trying to find. To make it nice & tidy.

I found the cover however its from a site we cannot use unfortunately.

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 37 comments ok. so why not use the cover that is already in the goodreads database (see my link)? Isn't completion/information dissemination to a potential reader a higher desirable than "tidy"?

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24797 comments Not sure what you mean Dorothy. You can't use just any cover for an edition.

The links you provided are correct that doesn't mean we can use them on a different publishers edition.

message 7: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 37 comments Hi Sandra,
I am indeed a Newbie to this. I apologize that I don't understand the finer details of what is/isn't permitted.

Because the book cover was listed on goodreads, I thought it was fair game to use in the Sheri Tepper author page. When I went to her list of Series... it was the book that was missing from the Ettison series. Is it that the second book in the series must only be from one particular publisher in order to be listed as an entry in the series line up?

Thanks for explaining!

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24797 comments Emy has found the cover for that copy of The Bones.

However, the reason that, that copy was showing for the series, is that it was the most shelved edition.

More people had put that copy on their shelves, regardless that it didn't have a cover. Most people like to have their own edition on their shelves.