Booktubagram Reads discussion

The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
This topic is about The Glittering Court
OCTOBER BOTM > One Thing You Dislike and One Thing You Like So Far

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sydney | sydneys.books (sydneysbooks) | 27 comments Mod
I'm about 80% done and I love our main character, Adelaide, so much! She's fierce and witty and her name is one of my favorite names. I also love Cedric. He's making the book boyfriend list! He's caring and compassionate too <3 I don't like how fast paced it is! We barely get to dwell on the romance or the training before we're whisked off across the sea. I feel like I can barely keep up with the excitement. I also don't like the current plotline all that much, but based on how fast the plot moves we'll be moving on to something else soon enough.

(view spoiler)

Rafaela | 4 comments Mod
I really love the characters. They are all so interesting and I'm curious to know more about them. I don't like how everything happens so fast and because of that we don't get to explore some aspects of the book I'd like to see.

ZinniaJkhan wrote: "Okay so this has spoilers!!! If you haven't finished reading it or aren't more than half way through then you don't want to read this! Okay so, I'm write in that midway point of the book, and I can..."

You make excellent points! I too, would like to see the "Royal" side of Adelaide more, and I agree that Mira would be Ravenclaw (I see Adelaide in Gryffindor and Cedric in Hufflepuff too). I hope the second book gives more insight to the relationship between Mira and Cedric. I don't think any man could withstand Mira and not give her plenty of independence!

ZinniaJkhan wrote: "This is a response to Sydney's comment. You said you didn't like the fast pace of the book. And I agree with you. I would have loved it if the book was a little slower and like I said in my comment..."

That's great that it pulled you out of your slump! I agree that it helps keep the story moving which is helpful. If this book was too slow it would be dreadfully boring.

Rafaela wrote: "I really love the characters. They are all so interesting and I'm curious to know more about them. I don't like how everything happens so fast and because of that we don't get to explore some aspec..."

I completely agree! I'm so excited for The Midnight Jewel so I can learn more about the charatcers