Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Podcasts about writing?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new)

Marina Lovechild | 8 comments Hello indies! I'm currently listening to podcasts about writing but I'm quickly running out of them. Do you have any favorites?

I've found a few romance podcasts that fit me to a T, but I'd be interested in YA writers as well because I really haven't found any.

message 2: by Bettina (new)

Bettina Melher (bettinamelher) | 6 comments Hi, Marina,

Not sure if this will help, but these are some of the podcasts I listen to :-) Writing, publishing, and all things indie related… Sorry, but I don’t know of any particular podcasts for YA writers.

The Creative Penn Podcast
The Rocking Self Publishing Podcast
The Sell More Books Show
Story Shop
The Self Publishing Podcast
Wordslinger Podcast
Self-publishing Roundtable
The Self Publishing Formula Podcast
The Smarter Artist
Authority Self-Publishing
The Art of Work Conversations
The Portfolio Life with Jeff Goins

(I also listen to the Horror Writers Podcast and the Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast – but it just depends on which genres you’re interested in etc.)

Hope this helps :-)

Bettina

Marina wrote: "Hello indies! I'm currently listening to podcasts about writing but I'm quickly running out of them. Do you have any favorites?

I've found a few romance podcasts that fit me to a T, but I'd be int..."

message 3: by Marina (last edited Nov 04, 2016 03:45PM) (new)

Marina Lovechild | 8 comments Thank you so much Bettina! That is quite a list, and I am sure I'll be enjoying it immensely :)

message 4: by Bettina (new)

Bettina Melher (bettinamelher) | 6 comments No problem, Marina ;-) Enjoy!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments The Author Brandon Sanderson does writing lectures which I believe are available both on Youtube and as podcasts. I'm afraid I don't have any direct links, but if you google Brandon Sanderson Writing Podcasts you'll find a ton of stuff. He writes mostly fantasy but does stuff for both adults and young adults.

message 6: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Kish | 20 comments Super late to this thread, but I also recommend "I should be Writing" by Mur Lafferty. She has some great advice for new authors and a huge archive of episodes.

message 7: by Leo (new)

Leo McBride (leomcbride) | 31 comments Grammar Girl is also a good listen - and solid accompanying website, ful of quick tips about grammar.

message 8: by Bettina (new)

Bettina Melher (bettinamelher) | 6 comments Just thought I'd add one more podcast to the list... :-)

Brand new podcast, "The Petal to the Metal"

Two authors come together to share their successes and failures. Join Rachael "The Petal" Herron and J. "The Metal" Thorn every Wednesday for short conversations dedicated to leaving the day job for your dream job.