All Things Italy discussion

Cities and Travel > Illustrated Regional Cuisine Atlas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hester (new)

Hester | 2 comments Greetings! This is my first post here. In 2000, I read a great book about Italian food. I don't think it has recipes. It was more of a guide to Italy's different regions (without being a guidebook). Each chapter covered a region. There was a map, and on it were illustrations of the region's specialties. It described them, and talked about the local sagre in the area. The illustrations were drawn; there weren't any photographs.

I have been desperately looking for the book on amazon and Thriftbooks. I can't find it anywhere. Does this book sound familiar to anyone? It had a very serious-sounding title. Thank you for your time reading this.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Bartlett | 2 comments No idea... sorry... but sounds good!

message 3: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Perry | 41 comments No idea either but sounds interesting.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 3 comments Hello, Hester. I don't think this is the book you are looking for, but it is similar. It is a beautiful book divided into regions with a small map of the region in the corresponding section. There are descriptions of the regions, what they are known for and recipes included. Lovely photos of food and the areas. I love mine. It is titled Culinaria Italy, has about 500 pages, and appears to have been published in Germany although it is written in English. The publisher is www. ullmann-publishing.com. ISBN 978-3-8331-1049-8. Most likely I picked this up in Barnes and Noble on their Bargain Books table about 5 ? years ago.

message 5: by Hester (new)

Hester | 2 comments That isn't the book, but it looks great! I will have to check it out.