Secret Santa gift exchange! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Gift Exchange > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 198 (198 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) (dentistinmysparetime) | 1751 comments Mod
Say hello to your fellow participants and talk a little bit about what kind of books you like and what you might be interested in trying!

message 2: by Melanie~~ (new)

Melanie~~ (mcsc2008) | 98 comments I'm Melanie~~. I'm a US citizen living in Netherlands. I really enjoy this fun each year!!

I do too! ;)

message 4: by Tj (new)

Tj (bluesmokey) | 93 comments Hi all! Back again. I have always enjoyed this each year:) Hmmm, I'm open to different books but right now I think I have only M/M books on my list.

message 5: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 343 comments Hi all I am in again I live in Adelanto CA about 2 hours away from L. A. I love reading all types of erotic books.

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me! I'm Heather! I live in a NYC suburb, and I love all romance except for suspense and horror. HEA a must. I'm a M/M romance fan but I love M/F too. I've been on a hockey romance kick recently!

message 7: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha (tabathas) | 30 comments Hey all,
I'm so excited Heather is doing this exchange again this year, because it is always so much fun! As far as books that I like, well I read just about anything in all honesty. I have, however, been burning myself out on m/m this year, so I might have to mix it up on my wishlist this time around. :)

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim Thanks so much for the invite! I live just north of Dallas, TX. I love to read just about anything. I prefer romance but I don't really have a preference of what kind of romance. I do prefer it on the steamy side. The more steam the better....as long as there is an actual story line to go with the steam. LOL!

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Oct 24, 2016 02:20PM) (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 127 comments Hey everyone! I'm Shannon and I live in sunny Portland, Oregon and look forward to this every year. Thanks for the invite Heather!!

message 10: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 52 comments I'm so excited to be back again this year! I live near San Diego, CA. I love to read pretty much anything, but typically enjoy some kind of romance in the plot (from sweet and innocent to down and dirty!) I've been on a kick reading some series lately so I'm thinking I need to mix up my wish list and get some books on there that are out of my norm just to challenge myself a bit!

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Hi it's Karen and I'm back for some more Christmas fun. Thanks for getting us all together once again Heather.

message 12: by Liza (new)

Liza (liza5326) | 81 comments Hi everyone!! I love doing this exchange, so I'm really excited that Heather is doing it again! My name is Liza and I live in a small town in SE Massachusetts. I am pretty much strictly m/m and have been for almost 3 years now. I am partial to alpha males and the dark and twisty. If it makes me sob hysterically, chances are I'm going to LOVE it!!!!

message 13: by Ami (new)

Ami (amie_07) | 276 comments Hi everyone, I am so happy when I received the email from Heather K reminding me about this event!! It's been fun the previous years so I am sure this year will be another blast.

My name is Ami, I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I read both M/F and M/M romance, in either contemporary, paranormal, historical (MM only), or urban fantasy. Sometimes I also read mainstream murder mystery.

message 14: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1514 comments Thanks for the invite Heather!! :)

Hey fellow giftsters!! My name is Lisa and I'm from Georgia. This will be my 2nd year participating!! Last year was SO much fun, I loved it! I read just about everything except non-fiction and hey, I'm open to that if someone can convince me it's good enough.:)

Looking forward to making new friends and having a blast with old and new. :)

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Lisazj1 wrote: "Thanks for the invite Heather!! :)

Hey fellow giftsters!! My name is Lisa and I'm from Georgia. This will be my 2nd year participating!! Last year was SO much fun, I loved it! I read just about ev..."

Yeah!!!! Hi Lisazj1, welcome to the party.

message 16: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1514 comments Karen wrote: "Lisazj1 wrote: "Thanks for the invite Heather!! :)

Hey fellow giftsters!! My name is Lisa and I'm from Georgia. This will be my 2nd year participating!! Last year was SO much fun, I loved it! I re..."

*blows kisses at kisses at Karen* Hey sunshine, are you ready to party, LOL? :)

message 17: by Fran (new)

Fran | 140 comments Hi everyone, I'm Fran! Thanks to Heather for arranging this again this year, every year is awesome!

I live in a suburb outside of NYC and the weather has been so beautiful this summer and fall. Tomorrow it all changes I think, lol.
I read mostly contemporary romance, and if it's smutty and funny it's a total bonus. I like both m/m and m/f, but lately it's been more m/f. There needs to be an HEA, and no cheating for me.

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 223 comments Hello everyone I had a lot of fun last year and looking at wish lists made me want to add more to my wish list. I Live In Milwaukee WI and the books will help see me though a cold snowy winter. I read primarily M/M and So many people I know from my various groups.

message 19: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 64 comments Thank you Heather for putting this together again this year!
Last year was my first time and I am so happy that I was invited back this year! I had so much fun.
I live in a very, very small town north of Houston. I have only been reading M/M for a little over 2 years and will read just about anything within the genre except horror. And must contain some sort of romance!

message 20: by Kendra (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 147 comments Hey!!! Love this event every year. I'm Kendra from a NYC suburb...called Connecticut. :-) Sorry, there were a few NYC suburbs listed here, and I couldn't resist. lol

I'm a hockey mom, so I have very little life from the months of September to March. I will be doing reading as I sit freezing in the ice rink. I only read M/M romance these days, especially ones with athletes, families/kids, cops, and humor.

message 21: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay M. Hi everyone! I've never done this before, but it looks like a blast! I'm live on the Illinois/Indiana border. I've only been reading m/m for a little over a year, but I think it's official I'm found my niche :). I love to read anything funny, sweet (but not tooooo sweet), paranormal, military, families, hockey...so um...a lot! :) Excited to join up and make some new friends!

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat | 20 comments Hi all!

I'm Kat from Los Angeles. This sounds like so much fun, thanks for including me Heather! I'm an historian and as such read a lot of historical fiction and nonfiction. But I also enjoy YA, classics, fantasy and mystery. I think I may be the odd man out as I've never read erotica, and have only dabbled in historical romance, but with the exception of horror and most sci-fi I'll read anything you put in front of me, so I'm excited to discover something new!

message 23: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Thanks Heather for organizing this again!

Lets see... I live in San Diego and read M/M. I love sweet and happy right along with super angsty. Contemporary, Sci-Fi, Horror, YA, NA ... I just love to read :)

message 24: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 207 comments Hi! I'm Sandra, and this is my third year of participating in this fun event. I read mostly M/M in many shapes and forms. This year, I'm asking my Elf for YA novels to be donated to Jasmyn.org, an LGBTQ Youth organization with a nearly non-existant library.

Looking forward to a fun event!

message 25: by Viv (new)

Viv Hi everyone! My name is Alice, but you can call me Viv. ;-)

I'm from St. Louis and I really only read MM. I love law enforcement, historicals and BDSM. I just got back from GRL and my TBR pile has blown up so I have lots of books to put on my wish list!

Thanks for organizing again, Heather!

message 26: by Teàrlach (last edited Oct 24, 2016 06:37PM) (new)

Teàrlach (kallisarr) | 11 comments Hey guys! I don't normally give out my real name on the internetz (residual paranoia from when I was growing up), but this group seems decent, so hi! My name is Raduca.

I read almost anything as long as it's M/M but at the moment I'm into scifi, historical, and mystery novels - just as long as it's got a happy ending, though. Recently I've been on a space-related bend and I'm reading non-fiction about the universe, but I'd also like to read (preferably M/M) fiction that takes place in outer space. Like if The Martian also had an M/M subplot.

I live in Western Australia and this is my first time participating in a GR Secret Santa. I have no idea what's happening but I'm looking forward to it anyway!

message 27: by MountainKat (new)

MountainKat | 67 comments Hi all! And thanks Heather for organizing us again!! I love this, so much fun!!

I am Kat, from the mountains in SoCal - thus MountainKat! I read just about any kind of romance, but I want my romance and my HEA! Not a huge fan of sci-fi or horror and I have a few pet-peeves, but I won't rule anything out if it is well written. And has that the HEA!

message 28: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Oct 24, 2016 07:16PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 345 comments Yay, Waving at old and new friends! This is my third year and one of the highlights of the holiday season.

I'm Lei and a Cali native and live in Orange County which is currently very rainy.

I read 90% m/m and my resolution this year was to read more fantasy (currently reading Blue on Black) and I read taboo and most everything but ya (although I've made exceptions) - I like my men to have experience.

Looking forward to participating and watching my tbr list grow even more.

Special Thanks to Heather for putting this together again this year!

message 29: by Lisazj1 (new)

Lisazj1 | 1514 comments ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ wrote: "Yay, Waving at old and new friends! This is my third year and one of the highlights of the holiday season.

I'm Lei and a Cali native and live in Orange County which is currently very rainy.

I read 90% m/m and my resolution this year was to read more fantasy (currently reading Blue on Black) and I read taboo and most everything but ya (although I've made exceptions) - I like my men to have experience.

Looking forward to participating and watching my tbr list grow even more.

Special Thanks to Heather for putting this together again this year!"

*waves at Lei* OMG, that tbr list. Mine is already out of control, and I think I added several hundred to it last year. I'll be afraid to look at it after this year, LOL!

message 30: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) Hi guys!! I'm from Green Bay, WI....I don't do football. LOL

I read paranormal. This is my first year doing this. I just participated in one that only had 9 people participating, was invited by one of the participates to join this one....hey Tara!!

message 31: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Oct 26, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 153 comments Hey everyone. I live in NC and this is my second year participating. I read about 95% m/m but have been trying to fit in more of the m/f books already sitting on my shelves at home. I'm not big on anything extremely violent and YA plus I hate cheating in my books. I need romance of some sort in my stories, other than that I will read pretty much anything.
Really looking forward to this!!

Sarah (needs a break from reviewing) (sarahjf1984) | 134 comments Hi everyone, this will be my second year participating and I've been looking forward to it since last year's ended.

I'm Sarah and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I read everything except self help. I used to say I read 'everything except self help and comics', but this year I read The Complete Persepolis and The Complete Maus, so I can no longer say I don't read 'comics'.

To be more specific I read: fantasy, sci-fi, horror, romance, action, literary fiction, chick lit and many others I can't think of off the top of my head, but my main genre is definitely romance.

I read most subgenres of romance with any type of pairing - M/M, F/M, F/F, ménage. I don't enjoy crying, so too much drama is usually a no-no for me. I don't mind a small amount of bondage, but definitely no dub or non-con. Let's get this out there, I'm WEIRD - I like insta-love/lust a la Bella Andre's Sullivans series and I have even less problem with it in erotica novellas. A quick trawl through my shelves (which I highly suggest) should help you work out what I like and what I don't.

While, from past experience that's what I like, I am always open to trying new books so don't be afraid to surprise me (consent is the only thing you won't change my mind on, if someone isn't happy about what's going on neither am I).

message 33: by Jamilla (new)

Jamilla (jamilla_) | 4 comments Hey Everyone!

I'm Jamilla, currently living in China and this is my first time participating in this and im very psyched for it!

I'll read almost anything if it's got romance in it, currently on a reading kick that's a mix of MM historicals and MF. I'm especially fond of multicultural books and ones that make me laugh out loud, although I won't turn down ones that can lead to a good cry, HEA is a must but other than that I'm pretty much open to anything except self help && autobiographies.

message 34: by Cathy (last edited Oct 25, 2016 12:37AM) (new)

Cathy Hey!

My name is Cathy and I live in Belgium. I was linked here from Ami's status update and decided to come take a look, I've never participated before, so I'm a bit hesistant about figuring out how it all works, but hopefully it'll be fine!

I read pretty much every kind of book, in every kind of genre but mostly it'll be m/f romance (contemporary, historical, paranormal, etc), fantasy, crime/suspense, general fiction, ... I'm honestly always open to try any kind of genre or book if it's accompanied by someone's spirited recommendation.

message 35: by Devon (new)

Devon (zeppelin78) | 51 comments Hi everyone! I'm Devon from North Carolina. Got an invite from Amy so I joined up. First year participating but this is right up my alley. Love sharing/gifting books :)

I am currently on a MM shifter/vampire/paranormal kick but I read most any MM except cheating, military disability (like lost limbs etc but smaller injuries ok), and YA.

P.S. Even though I've never spoken to Heather K I have a shelf called dentist reads that I fill with books from her bye bye butt virginity shelf lol.

Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~ (lisa44870) | 201 comments Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I live in Ohio. This is my third year (I think) participating & I'm looking forward to it again b/c it's sooo much fun! I read basically anything but mostly m/m.

message 37: by Katy (new)

Katy Hi everyone!! I'm from Australia and this is my first time participating. I'm happy to be included this year after watching enviously the fun you had last year. These days I mostly read MM with the odd YA or crime novel thrown in to mix it up a little :)

message 38: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) Hiya everybody! I just signed up and look forward to it, it's always so much fun. It's already my third time participating :)

My name's Kat, and I'm from Austria... I read almost everything as long as it's MM. I've a very, very long tbr list and a wish list on elfster, I'm sure you'll be able to find a book :)

message 39: by Nadine Bookaholic (last edited Oct 25, 2016 04:58AM) (new)

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 154 comments Hi Everyone! I look forward to the Secret Santa Gift Exchange every year, it's so much fun!

I live in Westchester County New York (just north of NYC) and I read just about everything, Erotica and GLBTQ are two of my favorite genres. My least favorite genre would be sci-fi (with the exception of The Krinar Chronicles, and a hard limit would be child sex slaves.

message 40: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda I haven't done the gift exchange before but 2016 definitely needs to finish off with some good cheer! I'm from Australia and love all kinds of romance plus scifi, fantasy and urban fantasy. I would like anything that tickles your fancy from my to read shelves (which are organised by genre).

message 41: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 86 comments Okay, I was in denial that Christmas was anything like months and months away .... until I got Heather's message!

All signed up now and looking forward to the exchange again this year.

I live in the north of England and read, well, just about anything. I've a preference for M/M but prefer background plot to just romance (so crime, historical, fantasy are probably my favourites)... I enjoy F/F as well, though not so much contemporary romance. I occasionally read M/F (formulaic historical domestic discipline fic mainly) when in the mood

Ha, Devon! That's funny!

Welcome, everyone! It makes me smile that people look forward to this event! :)

message 43: by Selena (new)

Selena (york123) | 1 comments Hello! I am Selena from Kansas City, MO. and I am fairly new to Goodreads, but I love to read just about anything!

All signed up for the exchange and so excited!! I love giving gifts!!

Melissa (ladybug) Hi! My name is Melissa and I am from New Mexico. :) I am happy to meet everyone!

message 45: by christina (new)

christina (littlemissbookhearted) Hi everyone! And thank you for the invite :) this is my first year doing this so I'm super excited.

I'm Christina, from Toronto, Canada and I love fantasy/high fantasy, sci-fi and some good ole contemporary every now and then.

Can't wait to spoil some fellow book worm

message 46: by F. (new)

F. Hi all!! Loved this last year but couldn't remember my login name - age strikes again - thankfully the nice people at Elfster were understanding!!

I live in New Zealand and enjoy reading mainly MM with a HFN/HEA. Do not enjoy PWP,excessive violence or extreme noncon. No sex or fade to black is fine as I love a good story.

message 47: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Bonjour Everybody (oh, it seems so weird for me to use a French word on GR !!).
So yes, you guess right : I'm from France and have Karen among my GR friends. Of course, she couldn't resist telling me about Heather's initiative (thanks btw for organizing it !!) and of course, I couldn't resist joining this group.

I now read only M/M, most contemporary, with a bit of angst and of course an HEA. Just like Jewel said..."I just love to read" !!

message 48: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 226 comments Yay! Christelle! Bonjour back atcha :)

message 49: by Karen (new)

Karen (bookfanatic55) | 901 comments Christelle wrote: "Bonjour Everybody (oh, it seems so weird for me to use a French word on GR !!).
So yes, you guess right : I'm from France and have Karen among my GR friends. Of course, she couldn't resist telling..."

Oh you're here. I'm so glad you decided to do this with us. It's epic fun Christelle and you will make so many awesome new friends!!! and have a few old ones to chat with as well.

message 50: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 472 comments Jewel wrote: "Yay! Christelle! Bonjour back atcha :)"

Thanks so much Jewel :-)

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.