Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

The Girls - by Emma Cline

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
Hey everybody!!
Get ready for "The Girls!" in six days! I have a feeling this is going to be a good one!

message 2: by Lilith (new)

Valley of the dolls sleep study!!!

message 3: by Lilith (new)

I feel so bad for Evie Boyd. She seems so lonely and has a hard time fitting in and finding her place. I find the author is really good at character development and description.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
I am starting it this tonight!!!!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Just started the book. I like how the author starts with the present then goes to the past. Getting a very Patty Hearst vibe!!

message 6: by Lilith (new)

Yeah, it's different. It made me think of the beginning of a movie.

When I started reading this book, I didn't like it actually...It was the style of the author's writing and overuse of description that initially stirred me away. But I figured I would give it a chance nonetheless...and the more I read, the more I got into it!

message 7: by Lilith (new)

I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen! I'm scared!

message 8: by Lilith (new)

oh I remember that game...the wooden maze game with the holes and the silver ball! That just brought back memories....old school. Oh how things have changed...:(

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Okay I am about 50 pages in and am really getting into it. My goal is to finish it this weekend. This working two jobs thing is really ruining my reading schedule. I feel like the author captured the vibe of the 70's. Just mentioning Aqua Net made me laugh.