Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > The Walking Dead TV Show (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Anyone else a Walking Dead fan? I've been watching it since the beginning. It has been my favorite TV show for the last 7 years. I know it's gory and violent. Last night's episode may have turned me off the show. :/

Normally, the show focuses on people vs. zombie violence. There is people vs. people violence as well. I mean, the Governor was not a nice person and he did lots of awful stuff. But, Negan is so much more sadistic. And, the TV show showed EVERYTHING last night.

The graphics are very intense. It's very visual and gory. But, usually they don't show someone bashing in a live person's brains. They showed not one but two last night. And, one of them was my most favorite character!!!

I think I might just be in mourning. I think that's why I'm so smad. I just don't know if I can handle Negan, but I'm so invested in the other characters. Maybe, I'm just mad because it was Glenn at the end of the bat. Maybe, I wouldn't be as mad if it weren't.

Ugh! If you saw last night's episode, what did you think?

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Oo oo! Has it started again? We are away on holiday and I didn't know! I didn't read most of your post because if the spoilers, but I will once we've seen it. I'm excited! How are you going with Fear the Walking Dead? We've given it the flick. The second series just didn't do it for us.

message 3: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments It was horrible. Way too violent. Unnecessary to keep replaying it even if that was the storyline they were going with. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new director this season. We might quit the show. We'll give it another episode or so.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Worst episode ever. I came very close to turning it off. On the other hand it was pretty faithful to the graphic novels In the loss of one of our favorite characters. I had a rough time watching it.

message 5: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Susie wrote: "Oo oo! Has it started again? We are away on holiday and I didn't know! I didn't read most of your post because if the spoilers, but I will once we've seen it. I'm excited! How are you going with Fe..."

Yep, it started last night. And, I'm still watching FTWD. It's gotten a lot better.

message 6: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Jennifer P. wrote: "It was horrible. Way too violent. Unnecessary to keep replaying it even if that was the storyline they were going with. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new director this season. We might quit ..."

That's where I'm at, I think. I'm going to watch the next couple and see. I just feel like they went too far with the graphic violence this time around.

message 7: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Jen wrote: "Worst episode ever. I came very close to turning it off. On the other hand it was pretty faithful to the graphic novels In the loss of one of our favorite characters. I had a rough time watching it."

I know it was very faithful to the comics and the comic lovers are very happy with it. The problem for me is that TV is a different medium than comics and it made it too real, too violent, and too graphic. I think they could've got the point across without showing the WHOLE thing and like Jennifer said without replaying it over and over again.

message 8: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I don't mind the storyline at all. I don't even mind losing characters I like (my favorite is still here). I also read and watched all the Game of Thrones books. This was way worse than the Red Wedding, way worse than Ramsey getting eaten by his dogs, way bad. Talking about the bulging eye ball while we had to look at it for minutes? No one saw how this was different from other episodes? Plus it was just confusing. Were we supposed to feel all disoriented like Rick? We must have said 4 or 5 times, "Why did we ever start watching this show?"

message 9: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments By "no one" I mean of the people who made the episode, not viewers. Everyone I spoke to about it agreed.

message 10: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Oct 25, 2016 08:02PM) (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Jennifer P. wrote: "I don't mind the storyline at all. I don't even mind losing characters I like (my favorite is still here). I also read and watched all the Game of Thrones books. This was way worse than the Red Wed..."

I don't mind the storyline either. And, even though Glenn is my favorite character, I'm okay, in mourning, but okay that he died. I knew it would happen sooner or later. And, I even knew it would happen how it did. But, like you, I just didn't like how they did it in the TV show. It felt way different (and worse) than past episodes.

I agree that it was confusing as well. My friend and I were texting while watching it and she wasn't sure what was going on during a few of the parts. I honestly think I kind of checked out for most of the episode after Glenn was killed, so it was confusing and didn't really hold me after that.

Everyone I've spoken to has agreed with our assessments as well. My husband tweeted about it and he's actually being bullied right now for sharing his opinion. Many people have agreed with him, but all the crazy nut jobs are coming out of the woodwork and responding too. He's had a couple of death threats and been called a ton of names. He's blocked them all, but it's sad that people (even if they're just trolls) feel like they can do that.

message 11: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments What? Jenni? That's crazy! People are so weird/terrible.