Play Book Tag discussion

Born to Run
This topic is about Born to Run
Archive: Other Books > Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 783 comments Bruce Springsteen opens up his life and personal stories in his book Born to Run. He has a writing style that reflect his songs. It is full of meaning and heart. At times it is like lyrics. He grew up in Freehold, New Jersey a blue color and town. When he was younger Springsteen did not have a good relationship with his father, who suffered from a form of mental illness. Springsteen admits he is not the best signer, but that his songwriting, guitar skills, showmanship and energy are what made him successful. His book talks about his idols and how people like Elivs Presley inspired him. He discusses politics and the changing state of the country. He is aware of discrimination and struggles of the poor. Springsteen makes his songs personal and much more goes into them and album themes than the reader may have realized. He gives a lot of credit to the E Street Band and their closeness though his forty years in the business. He admits his faults and mistakes while including talks about his own depression. His own stories and the history of music he tells capture the readers attention and hold their interest. Springsteen is very relatable as he shows much of his real self.

message 2: by Ladyslott (last edited Oct 24, 2016 05:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I want to read this, but hoping it becomes available in Overdrive before I buy it. i have seen him perform numerous times and I love him.