Play Book Tag discussion

October 2016: Historical Fiction > Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd - Bradley - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jgrace (last edited Oct 24, 2016 10:06AM) (new)

Jgrace | 2813 comments Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce, #8) by Alan Bradley

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew’d - Bradley
Audio performance by Jayne Entwistle
3 stars

Poor Flavia. I think I’m done with her. There’s been one corpse too many and the thrill is gone. Not that thrills were ever an important part of my enjoyment of this series. It was the humor; the outrageous, exaggerated antics of Flavia Deluce, girl genius, chemist and detective. It just wasn’t working for me this time. Too much tragedy, not enough levity and a very weak mystery plot. A generous 3 stars, for old times sake.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6431 comments On top of your other criticisms, that really is quite the title.

message 3: by Ashley Breanna (new)

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) | 91 comments I find reading books from authors who have multitudes of books under their belt, tend to fall flat.

message 4: by Ladyslott (last edited Oct 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I have the audio, so I will listen to it. The book reviews here are generally positive so I hope I enjoy it more than you did.

message 5: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2813 comments Ladyslott wrote: "I have the audio, so I will listen to it. The book reviews here are generally positive so I hope I enjoy it more than you did."

It didn't hold my attention. Maybe it was just bad timing for me.

message 6: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Anita wrote: "On top of your other criticisms, that really is quite the title."

It's from Macbeth - the opening scene to The Witches