What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance - Enemies who are betrothed for many years pretend to be finally getting married to fool his father and end up falling in love

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments I need help finding the title of a book that I read years ago. The hero and heroine are betrothed for many years, but they can't stand one another. I believe the heroine punched the hero in the nose when they were children. The book starts out with the hero thinking he loved another married woman from a previous book in this series. Needless to say, that woman's husband hates the hero. For some reason, the hero and heroine work together to pretend to be getting married in order to trick his father. His father finds them in a compromising position and forces them to get married. His father is not a nice man. I think he only wanted their marriage to get her dowry. Any help would be much appreciated!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Thank you for responding, Juels! I don't think this is the book I am searching for, but it sounds good. That may be my next read. :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Jessica, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Cloutier (giggles1966) | 22 comments Could it be a Johanna Lindsey Mallory book. The hero is The firstmate in Captive of my Desire Drew Anderson's book

Aliyericktonyvale | 5 comments Hola, si por algún casual a un sigues buscando el libro me gustaría comentar que me suena mucho de la saga Mallory. De la escritora JOHANNA LINDSEY , el libro se llama Enemigos perfectos. Este es el sinopsis
Julia Miller y Richard Allen han estado prometidos en matrimonio desde que eran niños... y han tratado de matarse desde que se conocieron.

El padre de Richard, Milton, es un conde empobrecido que decidió restaurar la fortuna familiar mediante el matrimonio entre su hijo menor (Richard), y la unica hija de una rica familia de comerciantes, sin importarle que los novios se odiaran violentamente, y que cada encuentro termine en un desastre... hasta ahora..
Esa es la sinopsis, espero averte ayudado suerte.

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 31 comments The above response (by Aliyericktonyvale) suggests That Perfect Someone by Johanna Lindsey
(Enemigos perfectos in Spanish).