Drop Everything And Read discussion

Lost in the Future > Martin Eden's Lost in the Future

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments I've just finished task 1, the blue book. It was Rudy Wiebe's A Discovery of Strangers.

message 2: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments now, task 2: a book set in the future. I'm still deciding on which one to choose...

message 3: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments I Robot (Isaac Assimov)? Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury)? The Road (Cormac Mc Carthy)?

message 4: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments I've decided to read Fahrenheit 451.

message 5: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments Task 2 done!

message 6: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments Task 3: read a book with the word thief in its title.

I'd like to read House of Thieves by Charles Belfoure. Hope I can find it easily.

message 7: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments just received House of Thieves by Charles Belfoure ...

message 8: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments I'm on page 57 and I'm enjoing it. I wonder if Belfoure's first job (architect) influences his writing style...

message 9: by martin eden (last edited Nov 28, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

martin eden | 405 comments Her is my review for House of Thieves that I really enjoyed. I didn't know Charles Belfoure and I think I will read his Paris Architect
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Ready for the next task!

message 10: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments Task 4: Read a book where the protagonist is unemployed, or looking for a job or read a book where the protagonist works part time
I have chosen to read The Bookshop on the Corner.

message 11: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments task 4 finished! here ismy review of The Bookshop in the Corner: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
It was a great, sweet reading journey!

message 12: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments We were lost on an unknown planet, stuck with aliens! But thanks to our superheroin, Super H, we managed to fix our spaceship and flee! Ready for new adventures!

While we were coming back to our galaxy, our HQ on Earth sent us a message with a new mission, warning us cause to reach our goal, we have to overcome a very special obstacle: the tea ceremony! And we HATE tea, we can't bear its smell, we can't drink it without throwing up! But, we are brave, we are strong, we are self confident, so we shall overcome!

Step 1: Boil
• Read a book with the title or author's name beginning with one of the letters: B, O, I or L.

Step 2: Type of Tea
Read a book with a colour on the cover that matches the kind of tea you want.
Black - Black tea
Green - Green tea
White - Iced tea

Step 3: Sugar?
No sugar - Read a stand alone book
A spoon of sugar - Read book 1 in any series
Two spoons - Read book 2 in any series 

message 13: by martin eden (new)

martin eden | 405 comments Step 1: Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
Step 2: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Step 3: The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell