Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Throne of Glass discussion

Will I love this series

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Belle I loved her other series ACOTAR and ACOMAF and am eagerly awaiting book 3, but just wanted to know if I would love this one just as much. Just want to know if its worth my time in reading it.
please help!! that would be great.

Nikita YES! Personally I love TOG more than ACOTAR. It's great. You won't be disappointed.

Clara my one and only answer is : DEFINETLYYYYY

BookThief YEP. You'll like it. Maybe even love it.. Tell us about how you feel when you finish it.

Belle Vidyavardhini wrote: "YEP. You'll like it. Maybe even love it.. Tell us about how you feel when you finish it."

It will be a while, but will do.
Thanks for the advice.

Belle Thanks to everyone who you took the time to comment on this topic.

Nicole I just finished book 1 of TOG. I also was looking for something...anything... to occupy me after ACOMAF :). I really did not care for TOG. The author was much younger when she wrote this series, and the writing isn't great, and frankly I didn't like any of the characters that much. However, I have heard from other reviewers that if you can get through books 1 and 2 of TOG, book 3 is much better.

Avneet Grewal I have heard book three is good as well. However after book three the books change drastically in my opinion. What you read in the first three books may be pleasant but the author kind of ruins the series at book four.

I like A Court of Thorns and Roses much better and reading Throne of Glass after will probably be a disappointment after it, I personally believe that ACOTAR is much, much better.

message 9: by A. (new) - rated it 2 stars

A. Gabriele I recently read ACOTAR and ACOMAF, never having read anything by Sarah J. Maas before. I liked ACOTAR and then really loved ACOMAF! Can't wait for the third book to come out :D Once I finished, I thought I should really read everything else written by SJM ... so I started with TOG.

And ... I was pretty stunned, because I did not like that first book at all. It was pretty bad IMO. I do have to say here that I am in my thirties and this is a YA novel, so I may not have the same tolerance for unfiltered naiveté portrayed in books (something I would probably need for YA novels).

So, I decided to read more about the author, because I could not explain the success of the TOG series and the HUGE quality difference compared to ACOMAF. Well, I then realized that SJM had started writing TOG in her teenage years. She was just really young and her lack of personal and writing experience showed in that first book (as one might expect of a normal teenager). However, TOG gets quickly better with each book. You can see her development as a writer.

I would honestly recommend TOG, but with an added warning about the high possibility that you will NOT like the first book (maybe even the second), but stick with it and the series will grow on you ;) Some people may not like some of the plot and character development later on, but that is just a preference and doesn't diminish the quality of the writing.

Belle Thanks

Nicole A. wrote: "I recently read ACOTAR and ACOMAF, never having read anything by Sarah J. Maas before. I liked ACOTAR and then really loved ACOMAF! Can't wait for the third book to come out :D Once I finished, I t..."

Thank you for this insight! After TOG, I was disinclined to continue the series, but I think I will stick it out if better writing is ahead. :)

message 12: by Lara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lara I agree with everything said. There is better writing ahead, but like A. said, there are some plot occurrences and character development issues that didn't sit well with me at all.

Regardless of that, the writing itself definitely improves.

Hafsa Hameed Yes. This series gets better and better.

Grace Probably not - but it's okay. The middle installments are the best, but the latest book ruins the series a little.

Belle Thanks for you comment
I have already read all of the series so far and just really loving Elide and Locran's love story more than that of the main characters right now.

message 16: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Belle wrote: "Thanks for you comment
I have already read all of the series so far and just really loving Elide and Locran's love story more than that of the main characters right now."
oh me too i was so heart broken for Lorcan in the end! i felt really bad for him!!

Belle Mina wrote: "Belle wrote: "Thanks for you comment
I have already read all of the series so far and just really loving Elide and Locran's love story more than that of the main characters right now." oh me too i..."

I really hope he redeems himself in the last book and she forgives him in the last book.
Because I just love these characters too much.
I don't know why but just something about these 2 characters really felt more interesting to read than that of Aelin and Rowan.
I did not like how Rowan beat her when they first met.

message 18: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Belle wrote: "Mina wrote: "Belle wrote: "Thanks for you comment
I have already read all of the series so far and just really loving Elide and Locran's love story more than that of the main characters right now...."

yes!! i totally agree! i actually do like rowan but i also find aelin and rowans relationship kind of unhealthy and reading about it feels forced. in aelins case i really liked her with sam and i truly believe that they actually were suposed to be mates. The bond had just not snapped in place before he died
which resulted in aelin being able to mate rowan. Then i read throne of glass again after reading assasin´s blade, in my head, sam and dorian was so alike! i don´t know but i kind of hope that aelin and dorian still end up together, maybe not married but like more than bffs
and of course lorcan needs to be forgiven and redeem himself in ever way!

Belle Mina wrote: "Belle wrote: "Mina wrote: "Belle wrote: "Thanks for you comment
I have already read all of the series so far and just really loving Elide and Locran's love story more than that of the main charact..."

I just can't believe we have to wait another year to find out what's going to happen. Like I know she has a chaol novel coming out and I would very much like to hear what was happening to him when all that epic shit went down. I still can't forgive Aelin for what she did to choal he was so sweet and innocent, wish they could have ended up together.

message 20: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Yeah I know it's so frustrating but acowar is coming out in just a month which makes me very happy!!

Belle Mina wrote: "Yeah I know it's so frustrating but acowar is coming out in just a month which makes me very happy!!"

TRUE
But even that series won't be over ther is still another 3 books in that series which will be spinoff series from other characters from ACOTAR
CANT WAIT

message 22: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina WAIT WHAT THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!! ACOTAR WONT STOP AFTER ACOWAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

message 23: by Belle (last edited Apr 03, 2017 12:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belle Mina wrote: "WAIT WHAT THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!! ACOTAR WONT STOP AFTER ACOWAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Feyre's and Rhysands story will.
But there will be another 3 books about the other characters in the series.
They might be mentioned in the other books, but who knows what's going to happen.

message 24: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Shiit I'm so excited now do you know which of the characters the stories will be about?

message 25: by Belle (last edited Apr 03, 2017 12:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belle Mina wrote: "Shiit I'm so excited now do you know which of the characters the stories will be about?"

No idea
But I'm hoping that one of them is about Lucien and Elaine now that it's been put out there that they are mates.

message 26: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Yeaaa!! Oh lucien! to be honest I actually didn't ship feyre with tamlin until it became obvious that they were gonna "end up together"! I actually shipped lucien and feyre hahaha but I really hope we will get a back story with reysands ( don't know how to spell it )family, like his sister and mother and before he was prisoner under the mountain! And I want to know about luciens backstory and azriels and everyone's backstory!!

Belle Mina wrote: "Yeaaa!! Oh lucien! to be honest I actually didn't ship feyre with tamlin until it became obvious that they were gonna "end up together"! I actually shipped lucien and feyre hahaha but I really hope..."

I heard from that we will be learning Luciens back story in ACOWAR
What's really sad is that I loved ACOTAR and now that I hate Tamlin because of ACOMAF ( and RHYSAND AKA MY HUSBAND) I don't think I can read it with capturing those feelings as I had read it with the first time.

message 28: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Yeah I know I have reread it a few times and everything feels so wrong when we are in the spring court!

Belle Mina wrote: "Yeah I know I have reread it a few times and everything feels so wrong when we are in the spring court!"

I wonder if Nesta and Tamlin will be mates.

message 30: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina (Gasp) No!! Nesta and Cassian will mate! I promise you, but there are suppose to be a special edition where we get som nessian but I don't have those. What do you think about azriel and morrigan? Btw I love her name, Morrigan!!

Belle Mina wrote: "(Gasp) No!! Nesta and Cassian will mate! I promise you, but there are suppose to be a special edition where we get som nessian but I don't have those. What do you think about azriel and morrigan? B..."

I definitely think Mor and Azirel should be together.
I think all the names in the ACOTAR series are all better than the names in the TOG series

message 32: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Yeah me to but I really like the originality she has with the names! I have never come across these names before (except a few exceptions)

Belle Mina wrote: "Yeah me to but I really like the originality she has with the names! I have never come across these names before (except a few exceptions)"

Yes same. Spelt a different was makes it more exiting.

message 34: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Hahah yes

Belle Mina wrote: "Hahah yes"

It was nice chatting to you.

message 36: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina Yeah same you help me through a very boring class so thank you

message 37: by Belle (last edited Apr 03, 2017 01:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belle Mina wrote: "Yeah same you help me through a very boring class so thank you"

That's good to hear. Luckily I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

message 38: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina You too