Lovers of YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives: Group Reads > The Grisha Trilogy - November 2016 SOTM

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Diamond (jadediamond) Our SOTM for November is The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.

Discuss as you read, but please use spoiler Tags as needed, as everyone may start at different times and reads at different speeds. (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 90 comments I wil read

message 3: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Oh guys!!
I'm reading shadow and bone currently!!
Who all are in?
I'd love to continue reading as a group

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Mott | 2 comments I own the first two books!

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 7 comments Oh, cool! I have been wanting to read time for awhile.

message 6: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments I just finished the first book!
You guys go ahead and start. I'll join around November 10th after my exams.

message 7: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Fantastic novel. I urge everyone of you to read it!!

message 8: by Brie (new)

Brie I just read this trilogy, it's a great one, definitely on my favorites list.

message 9: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika I'd really like to read this series but I checked and only the last book is available in my library :/

message 10: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 16 comments excited. !!!!

message 11: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Hey Kiki! I can mail you if you don't want to wait!

message 12: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika Really Sundara??? That'd be awesome!!!

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'm so excited for this. I read the first book not too long ago and have been aching to read the rest!

message 14: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Hehe. Sure. Just inbox me your mail id! I can mail you right away.

message 15: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Same here,Chelsea!! I'll be starting the second book once I'm done with my exams on 8th. We'll start together?

message 16: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika Awesome! Thanks so much Sundara!

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) Sundara, that sounds great to me. :)

message 18: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments @Chelsea
Yayy! Just a week left.
I'll ping you when I start.
How many of us are reading?

message 19: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika I'll start once I get of from nightshift :)

message 20: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne They have the books at the library, so I will join in as well!

message 21: by Amalia (new)

Amalia Gkavea I will do my absolute best to join in the discussion. This trilogy has been in my TBR list since forever :)

Melanie (TBR and Beyond) (tbrandbeyond) | 31 comments Hoping to join in on this one. I have the first one done but I have to read the other two!

message 23: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Heron | 33 comments OMG! I have read the first two books and I was wondering, does Alina and the Darkling end up together? I ship them so much!!
In my head, I'm like why can't you just be with him? Piss off, Mall!

message 24: by Obvi_itscece (new)

Obvi_itscece I've read the six of crows duo but still haven't read the trilogy and I just started not to long again

message 25: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 16 comments Zoe. I 've read all 3 now. I never got into Mal either.

message 26: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Heron | 33 comments Thank you Elaine, at least somebody understands the struggle I have been through.

message 27: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika I've read about 20% of the first book and it seems very good so far!

message 28: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments I plan to read the first book at least! Super excited to start it :)

message 29: by Sara (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 90 comments I start reading the first book

message 30: by Amalia (new)

Amalia Gkavea I am about half-way through the first installment and I can safely say that it definitely worths the hype. I really like the old decadent Russian atmosphere, although it's meant to be a fantasy. I love the Darkling, he is so full of mystery and ambiguity...For some reason, I keep picturing Richard Madden in the part if the trilogy ever becomes a TV-series.

message 31: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika I hope to finish the 1st book in a few days. I'm 70% done now and I'm still very much enjoying it.

message 32: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments I'm starting with the second book :D

message 33: by Sara (last edited Nov 09, 2016 04:23AM) (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 90 comments Finish the first book. Such a amazing beging. I love every detail, all the grishas e the characters. Aline, Maly and Darkling are part of my ficticional universe. Can wait to read the second book... I think that I will love this triology.

message 34: by Sara (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 90 comments Star the second book

message 35: by Kikijanika (last edited Nov 11, 2016 11:17AM) (new)

Kikijanika I finished the first book and I really liked it.

The story was captivating (view spoiler)

I like the world building (view spoiler)

I'm not sure if I'll have time to read the other two books this month but I'll definitely read them at some point.

message 36: by Amalia (new)

Amalia Gkavea I agree with Kikijanika. I am about 40% in the second book, and it keeps getting better. But (view spoiler).

message 37: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments I'm currently reading the first book and liking it so far! Interested to see where it goes

message 38: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Amalia..same here!
About 50% done..
So far it's great!!
Curious to know where the story goes :D

message 39: by Amalia (new)

Amalia Gkavea Sundara wrote: "Amalia..same here!
About 50% done..
So far it's great!!
Curious to know where the story goes :D"

I just don't want it to end...

message 40: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 8 comments I'm halfway through the first book and it has me hooked.

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments I'm loving the first book!

message 42: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Hehe. True that..
Which chapter are you reading?

message 43: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments 17 wbu?

message 44: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments 12 of Seige and storm

message 45: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 64 comments Mal or Darkling??
Whom do you think Alina should end up with??:P

message 46: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika I couldn't really see Alina and the Darkling together in the first book but I can definitely see them together later on. I usually like the characters that are a bit dark so I'm pro-darkling :D

message 47: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments I love the darkling! But I think it's so unrealistic they will ever end up together sadly.

message 48: by Sara (last edited Nov 15, 2016 11:00AM) (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 90 comments Sundara wrote: "Mal or Darkling??
Whom do you think Alina should end up with??:P"

I think she will stay with Mal. I understand the Darkling is more seductive and atractive. But Mal is a getelman and a sweet boy. And he is always on her side. He truly loves her and don´t care about power.

message 49: by Amalia (new)

Amalia Gkavea I am about 75% in the second book. I agree with Brooke, it is unrealistic to think that Alina and the Darkling will end up together, but I have some hope that perhaps the Darkling could change...I agree with Kikijanika, I am so fond of anti-heroes or sometimes, plainly evil characters. I am weird, I know.

Mal is a difficult case. He is sweet and kind, but too sweet for my taste, and there have been many times - especially, in the second book- that I have found him very irritating. But like I said, my preferences are strange, so that is only my personal opinion.

message 50: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 107 comments I completely agree with you Amalia! Even though I highly doubt she will end up with the Darkling as much as I want her to, I'm still holding out hope! I don't like or dislike Mal really. He's just kind of there.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.