Unwanted Seclusion discussion

Town > Bookstore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

((For this group, we tend to use the past tense and third person for rps, so instead of I walk, it'd be she walked, also, you should request rp in the request topic before posting.))

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ky teleported into the dark corner of the shop, his figure spiraling into the bookstore in a splotch of shadow. He was clothed in a tight white shirt with a black blazer, complimented with black pants. It was a rather mellow outfit for him- he usually wore something more outlandish and flamboyant. Ky stalked over to one of thee book lined walls, and began to search for any book that was of interest to him. His friend had recommended he do something outside of evil to help him stay away from insanity, and he had chosen reading as the easiest option. After all, he didn't want to end up like his sister.

message 4: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex walks into the bookstore, wondering what type of books there is. Alex smiles and goes to one of the shelves that has all of the classic books in the back, where the wall is.

Alex sees a boy with dark brown hair next to a shelf to the wall next to her.

Alex looked curiously at him and wonder what type of books he likes.

Alex turns her gaze away from the stranger, not wanting to sound weird if she would have asked, and looked at the books in front of her.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

He raised an eyebrow at the girl who was previously staring at him. "Is there something I can help you with?" he asked dryly. He turned to face her, focusing his dark eyes on her face. He had thought he might've seen her before, but judging by the lack of recognition that came to him, he figured he hadn't.

message 6: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex freezed and slowly turned around to the boy.

She said slowly, "Ah uh...I'm wondering what type of books you liked..."

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ky gave a small sigh of relief. "Oh. Well, I don't really have a preference," he finally got out. It technically wasn't a lie- he truly had no opinion in his literature.

message 8: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments "Ah, okay. Well I should look for some books..." Alex said.
Alex gave him a small smile and turned to the shelf in front of her.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe I should just leave this matter be and leave without finding a book, he thought, still bitter from his earlier encounter with his commanding officer. But, it was his only hour off that day, so he randomly selected a novel from the shelf and teleported over to the lady behind the register. After all, why walk when you didn't have to?

message 10: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex finds one of her favorite books, Macbeth, Alex squealed and grabbed it off the shelf.

Alex walked to the counter, where the boy was buying a book, Alex waited behind him.

Alex turned to page one of Macbeth and started to read.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ky pushed the money on the counter over to the lady, then took the book and began to walk back towards the door. As he brushed past the girl, however, he felt the energy of only those who were gifted with strong unnatural talents. He clearly hadn't seen her before, so she was obviously on the opposing side of the war. "And what would a young lady with powers be doing in a bookstore?" he murmured as he walked by her. He knew, of course, that there were citizens with gifts who just acted as normal beings, but it always seemed to frighten them when he asked them in that way.

message 12: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex went to the counter and she brushed pass the boy, I heard him say, "And what would a young lady with powers be doing in a bookstore?"

"Huh, oh I like reading books. I'm a serious bookworm." I replied to him. Alex smiled sadly, remembering her mother reading books to her.

She walks to the counter and bought the book.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

He blinked. That was hardly the reaction he'd anticipated. "Which side?" he asked blankly. He'd assume good, but you never knew.

message 14: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments "Hero," Alex said.

Alex sighed and went to the middle of the store.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Figured that." He snapped his fingers, and in a swirl of black and white, teleported towards the doorway.

message 16: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments "Okay..." Alex responded.

I walked to the door and look around the bookstore with a last glance.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed and turned on his heel, briskly walking out into the cool air. Ky couldn't always teleport everywhere- he'd tire himself out much to quickly.

message 18: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex walked out the door and look at the night stars, sighing at how beautiful the stars are tonight. It reminded Alex of her mom. She loved the stars.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

He glanced over at the girl. "Don't mind me asking, what are your... abilities?" he finally bit out. His higher-ups had lectured him to keep an eye out for the strong ones, the ones who might hurt their superiority.

message 20: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments "Oh...I can hear things that exceeds a humans hearing..." Alex said, not thinking of what she has just said.

Alex's mother always said don't tell anyone your power. But this slipped Alex's mind.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed in relief. At least he wouldn't have to go out of his way to report her to his boss. He shifted uncomfortable on his feet as he waited by the bus stop sign. He couldn't very well walk to his house, no it was to far. He probably could teleport... but it'd be to dangerous without it in his sight.

message 22: by Rainshadow (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 33 comments Alex walked to the street light and watched the stars.

Alex named all the constelations, Alex sighs and wanted to cry. Alex thought all the good things that happened with her mom. Tears brimmed her eyes, she sniffled and shook her head, telling herself to stay strong.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren sat in achar in the bookstore, reading a thick novel. Every so often he'd glance over to Lyra, to make sure she wasn't getting into trouble. He sighed softly, and continued to read, eventually getting bored. He stood up, and set the book back on the shelf. Why am i reading anyways, I should be buying the book first. He thought, smiling slightly.

message 24: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

soub (gothstew) | 201 comments Mod
"Aww.." whispered Lyra, gushing over a book on kittens. She was sitting on the floor, her legs tucked under her bottom. Piles of magazines and picture bools were stacked around her, like a fortress. Lyra was also wearing a small paper crown that she had made from a flier outside of the bookstore.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((XD))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'll reply soon))

message 27: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

{[KoMiKo♡]} wrote: "((I'll reply soon))"

((Okie dokie))

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren looked at her, and walked over. He crouched down and front of her. "Whatcha reading?" He asked her, and looked at the cover. He then realized that she was surrounded by books like a castle, and was wearing a crown. "Where'd you get the paper from?" He asked hoping he wouldn't have to put a new flier up anywhere to make up for it.

message 29: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Lyra looked up. "A book on cats!" She replied cheerfully. "I found the paper outside though, stapled to a pole." Lyra shut the book, placing it on top of the stack, grabbing a new one from under it.

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 03, 2017 12:27PM) (new)

Ren nodded, and gave a relieved sigh. It wasn't on the bookstore's property, so he didn't care. He looked at the new one she picked. "Well..why are you wearing the crown?" He asked her.

((*QUEEN OF THE CASTLE-ING INTENSIFIES*))

message 31: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Lyra broke into a smile. "I'm the queen of the castle!" She exclaimed with a smirk. "The book castle!" She adjusted the crown so it was perched a top her head, instead of sliding off.

((AAH I GTG SRRY))

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

((IT'S OKE!))

Ren smiled. "What does that make me?" He asked her, tilting his head a little. He wondered how Lyra had the time to make a crown, and hoped a librarian wouldn't come over and yell at her.

message 33: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Leg had to think for a moment. "Hm..the flower garden?" She asked, then burst out laughing. "Or maybe, the king!" She exclaimed, raising her eyebrows.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

((Leg XD))

Ren laughed a little, but he wasn't grinning. He then blushed a little and looked away. "Ah erm..sure." He said, looking at her again, his face no longer crimson.

message 35: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

((LyRA*))

Lyra tossed her crown on top of Ren's head. "There you go!" She exclaimed, getting up and bowing dramatically.

message 36: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

((LyRA*))

Lyra tossed her crown on top of Ren's head. "There you go!" She exclaimed, getting up and bowing dramatically.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren looked at her bow, and widened his eyes a little. "Lyra, you don't need to give me the crown, I think you should wear it." He said, taking it off his head. He stood up, and gently placed it on hers.

message 38: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

"Hm..Alright.." She responded, standing up. "Although, I know you wanna wear it!" She exclaimed with a sly grin on her face. Lyra gently poked him in the chest as she said this.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren looked at her, with a quizzical look. "No, I think you wanna." He replied, and poked her shoulder gently. He didn't know why he poked her back.

message 40: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Lyra paused for a moment, then reached into her skirt pocket. She pulled out another piece of paper, unfolded it, then began folding it into a crown, similar to hers. She continued folding, until it was finished. Lyra cupped the crown in her hands and handed it to him. "Here!" Exclaimed Lyra.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"You always come prepared, don't you." Ren said, and took the crown. He put it on his head. "Okay, now what?" He asked. A mother and her child walked by. The mother gave the pair very odd looks.

message 42: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

"Down with the king!" Exclaimed Lyra as she ran behind Ren and jumped onto his back. "Viva la revolution!" Lyra giggled a bit, causing quite a ruckus.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren widened his eyes, and almost fell back. "Whoa!" He said, and stepped back to catch his balance. He looked at her, and then around again. "No!" He said, playing along with her.

message 44: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (last edited Apr 04, 2017 07:32AM) (new)

Lyra chanted "Down with the king!" over and over again, receiving many shushes from the workers at the bookstore. Still on Ren's back, she chanted quieter, almost a whisper.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren looked at her. "I'm gonna drop youuu." He said, purposely swaying back and forth. His voice was almost a whisper as well.

message 46: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (last edited Apr 04, 2017 07:38AM) (new)

Lyra wrapped her arms around him. "No!" she cried quietly, clinging to him tightly. Lyra grinned slyly.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren smiled a little more, and continued to go back and forth. He enjoyed spending time with Lyra, even if he was sort of like a baby sitter.

message 48: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Lyra continued to cling onto Ren, giggling as she did so. She climbed onto his shoulders, almost being able to touch the ceiling.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Ren didn't understand her nimbleness. He noticed that she was close to the ceiling, and stood on his toes so she could touch it with the tips of her fingers.

message 50: by soub, ᵗʰᵉ ᵐºⁿˢᵗᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ʸºᵘʳ ᵇᵉᵈ (new)

Lyra smiled and pressed her hand against the ceiling. A cloud of dust floated down onto Lyra, causing her to sneeze loudly.

« previous 1