Casual Readers discussion

Guy in Real Life
This topic is about Guy in Real Life
NO SPOILERS: What We've Read > {NO SPOILERS} GUY IN REAL LIFE

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber, The Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amber (puresurplus) | 830 comments Mod
Lesh and Svetlana, two teens from St. Paul, Minnesota, are adrift in a sea of social coterie, desperate for something to change. When they crash into one another in a drunken bicycle accident at two am, they don’t yet know how close they are to finding it. For now, Svetlana is simply looking for a fifth member to legitimize the Central High School Gaming Club, and Lesh is looking to escape his being grounded for said drunkenness by entering, reluctantly, the world of online role playing games.

Lesh’s gaming life takes an interesting turn as, unable to figure out how to speak to Svetlana, he “becomes” her in-game. When real life and in-game life inevitably become entwined, Lesh and Svetlana both start to realize that the lines they draw to keep their lives in order are not so easy to maintain. Especially when they no longer understand why they drew them in the first place.

message 2: by Amber, The Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is our other group read for August. I can't wait!

message 3: by Lila, The Cat Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lila Lockhart (lilalockhart) | 178 comments Mod
I'm having so much fun with this one. :D

message 4: by Amber, The Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, right? This book is the sh...ark attack!

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Romer | 7 comments Hi everyone, I ordered my books for this month. Guys in Real Life and Etiquette & espionage. The only problem is I wont be receiving them for another week or so. I will be behind a bit but looking forward to reading them.

message 6: by Amber, The Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Official discussion doesn't really start until 9/1, so you're good. You can always comment on archived discussions, too!

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Romer | 7 comments Thank you Amber, looking forward to it.